We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Cloud Application SME with a background as a leader in using Agile Development methods to join our team in Northern Virginia and begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
This individual shall be familiar with cloud native services and be able to handle all the back-end and front-end technologies , including software development, databases, systems engineering, security and user experience, necessary to deliver mission capabilities to clients. The ideal candidate will have entrepreneurial approach for addressing opportunities and a proven record of successfully leading teams in delivering capabilities.
In this role, you must be able to translate business requirements into technical solutions. You will be leading teams as well as collaborating. You will apply your expertise on multiple complex work assignments, which are broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. You will apply your comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments, evaluate performance results and recommend changes as necessary to achieve project success. You will lead development and migration/ modernization of systems related to a broad range of business areas. Your overall responsibilities will include designing, developing, enhancing, debugging, and implementing software solutions in cloud to meet customer requirements and goals. In this role you will:
- Create App architectures in the cloud
- serve as the creative solution expert, apply your application design expertise and firm grasp on the latest application development technologies.
- utilize your vast experience in and continual growth of all development technologies in use in the federal market place and be seen as the application development expert amongst his/her peers.
- utilize hands on experience with CSP native application development tools to host secure, responsive and user experience driven applications.
- Employ Agile/DevSecOps (Scrum, Kanban, etc.), supplying coaching, expertise and thought leadership
- Serve as project lead or lead technical staff in course of application development projects including leading Agile Teams
- Build and manage delivery teams (including remote resources) in support of Unisys Federal Systems opportunities
- Lead and support hands-on full stack engineering development on projects, coaching and helping delivery teams to adapt this as part of their development life cycle
- Understand the DevSecOps tooling landscape and have experience integrating various DevSecOps tools together into toolchains to provide end-to-end application lifecycle management
- Support proposal development through the acquisition lifecycle, including creating response, written, orals, plans, and artifacts
- Master’s degree and 15 years of relevant experience or equivalent
- Must be familiar with Agile methodology and be able to lead and work collaboratively in a team environment. Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential as well as strong customer focus and presence.
- Hands on experience at a senior level in at least 3 scripting languages (Bash, Python, Powershell, CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.)
- Mastery level understanding of common development data formats to include xml, json, yaml, sql and have the ability to rapidly parse this data for meaningful information
- Must be a good problem solver, and enjoy complex challenges and perform well under pressure.
- Must be a self-starter and require minimal oversight in grasping requirements or potential tools or techniques to solve complex problems / tasks.
- Demonstrable record successfully leading teams.
- Expertise with DevSecOps, Testing Automation, Continuous Integration & Deployment (CI-CD) environment using tools such as Gradle and Jenkins.
- Familiarity with Microservices Patterns and best practices.
- Proven skills in Cloud native development
- REST API creation
- NoSQL databases such as Mongo or Dynamo
- Java, including frameworks such as Spring and SpringBoot
- Amazon Web Services and MS Azure
- Docker and other operating-system-level virtualization (containerization) programs
- Kafka distributed streaming platform
- Mobile application development experience
- Event driven architecture
- Code samples or demo GitHub repos preferred
- Graph databases
- Machine Learning
- Advanced visualization tools
- Rules engines
- UI/UX experience
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world’s largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.