Individuals in this position shall not engage in loan origination during the course of his/her employment with WMC. Loan origination is defined as (1) taking a residential mortgage loan application; or (2) offering or negotiating terms of a residential mortgage loan for compensation or gain; (3) advertising or communicating to the public that you can perform loan origination services. Please see the Loan Originator Compensation Policy for more details on the definition of loan origination.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review approved mortgage loans to determine conditions that must be met prior to closing. This includes but is not limited to private mortgage insurance title hazard insurance and flood determination and other applicable conditions notated within the pre-closing review of every loan file. Ensure that all items are cleared and proper documentation is in each file prior to completing the closed loan package.
- Review the data integrity of the loan origination system with regard to loan amount rate approval LTV and loan parameters in accordance with product type & investor guidelines.
- Verify accuracy and consistency of information in file to ensure closing documents are prepared in accordance with investor/product guides and meeting secondary market requirements.
- Ensure that all required documentation is in the closing package to ensure compliance with state federal and investor regulations/requirements.
- Answer questions regarding closing requirements from other staff members vendors and investors.
- Assemble complete and accurate loan closing documents for all products and business channels offered including but not limited to VA FHA USDA Conforming Non-Conforming Bond Loans Second Mortgages and WHEDA loans for delivery to the Title Company or closing agent in a timely and professional manner.
- Monitor the execution and delivery of the initial CDs to the borrower to ensure they are being delivered within the required timeframes.
- Record loan closing information in the loan origination system and enter essential loan information. Enter additional information (HMDA) as it relates to closing/APR and runs audit check to ensure compliance.
- Review and analyze closing document packages for accuracy and completeness to ensure minimal redraws and post-closing issues.
- Ensure funding checks or wires issued are accounted for properly and reconcile any discrepancies.
- Assist the Loan Delivery Department with post-closing conditions received on loans.
- Maintain closing pipeline assigned for daily closings and workload based upon a minimum of 60 closing per month.
- Consistently meet or exceed established minimum productivity and quality goals.
- Communicate with other department staff to ensure loans are sent to closing agent in a timely manner. Communicate with other departments/employees regarding the status of their closing request (i.e. send e-mail that a loan is scheduled yet file has not been received etc.)
- Review WMC intranet & all communications issued for updates to closing policies and procedures investor updates and other essential information necessary to properly complete job duties.
- Maintain a current working knowledge and understanding of all government mortgage compliance requirements related to the mortgage closing.
- Have a working knowledge of FHA MIP VA Guarantee Fee USDA Guarantee Fee & private mortgage insurance requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about discussed or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge (b) in furtherance of an investigation proceeding hearing or action including an investigation conducted by the employer or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.