GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the supervision of a Licensed Clinician, coordinates and provides clinical services. Provides specialized group and/or one on one counseling services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides crisis intervention services in response to emotional and/or physical distress.
- Provides diagnostic evaluations to customers and referrals to Licensed Clinician for treatment
- Ensures adherence to infection control practices.
- Makes referrals to outside programs for medical and/or psychological intervention.
- Collects urine specimens for drug screening.
- Provides counseling services to mentally ill, alcohol dependent and/or homeless AIDS/HIV positive customers.
- Assesses customers in order to formulate treatment needs.
- Orients new patients to treatment program(s).
- Participates in treatment planning and individual and/or group counseling.
- Identify potential customers and provide them with information about the Agency programs.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive treatment plan with each participants maintaining regular contact.
- Complete required paperwork (including customer records) in a timely fashion. Maintain customer confidentiality.
- Provide on-going liaison, referral and advocacy for participants with social service providers, with particular emphasis on self-empowerment for participants to independently access needed services.
- Participate in team meetings and seminars and trainings as stipulated by Supervisor.
- Participate with community providers as it relates to programs contents area.
- Provide presentations about programs to various agencies and other referring agencies on a monthly basis.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Attend all trainings as applicable to your credentials.
- Participation in planning and implementing a minimum of one monthly group activity for program participants, including but limited to: life skills, education, empowerment/support recovery groups, recreational activities and/or field trips.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MIINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
Knowledge: Knowledge with the HIV/AIDS, mental health & substance use disorders (co-occurring) is required. Knowledge of social services in Hartford. Demonstrate ability to work in collaboration with other service providers. Experience in facilitating groups preferred. Knowledge of Human Services, Criminal Justice and the Court systems is preferred. Knowledge of substance use and target population helpful. Counseling background preferred. Ability to interact with people of diverse backgrounds required. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to compile written reports and maintain case notes. Schedules may be changed at any time to accommodate program needs.
Demonstrate skills: Organizational and time management skills. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate on a group and individual basis. Experience working with participants from diverse ethnic and economic backgrounds. Familiarity with living issues and vocational/educational assessments and trainings. Must have a working knowledge with computer systems.
Bilingual: preferred – Language Spanish
Education: Master degree in social science preferred; will consider Bachelor’s Degree in social science.
Minimum Years of Experience: minimum 3 years related clinical with homelessness, mental health or substance use.
Active Certification in good Standing: License required LMSW (Licensed Social Worker), LADC (Licensed Alcohol Drug Abuse Counselor), LMFT (Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist) or LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor).
Physical and TB Required: Yes, prior to appointment
Physical Ability: Tasks involve sedentary to light work, involving some reaching, handling, fingering and/or feeling of objects and materials.
Sensory Requirements: Some tasks require visual perception and discrimination. Some tasks require oral communications ability.
Environmental Factors: Tasks are regularly performed with exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, wetness, humidity, rain, fumes, temperature and noise extremes, machinery, vibrations, electric currents, traffic hazards, animals/wildlife, toxic/poisonous agents, violence, disease, or pathogenic substances.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Signing bonus
Yes, we are following CDC guidelines.
- Master's (Preferred)
- Homelessness, mental health or substance use: 3 years (Required)
- LMSW, LADC, LMFT or LPC (Required)
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place