Under direct supervision performs clerical duties for Community Health Center of Yavapai (CHCY) that includes some or all of the following functional areas: medical reception; determining eligibility; appointment scheduling; specialty referrals and medical records.
Major Duties, Responsibilities
Performs clerical duties that include checking patients in and out of the health center and collection of fees with reconciliation; obtaining eligibility, patient information and insurance verification; answering telephones, scheduling appointments and processing messages; processing specialty referrals, filing documents into the electronic health record e.g., laboratory, radiology and secondary medical records. (95%)
Performs other job related duties assigned. (5%)
- Demonstrates superior customer service when interacting with patients in person and on the telephone.
- Able to achieve a high level of competence with the electronic practice management and health record systems.
- Abides by all CHCY Policies and HIPAA guidelines.
- Knowledge of all requirements of CHCY Programs.
- Participates in the CHCY Quality Improvement Program.
- Responds to community emergencies with a public health consequence according to the Yavapai County Community Health Services Emergency Response Plan.
One year of general office experience.
High school diploma or GED.
Bilingual in Spanish/English.
Other Skills, Preferences
Maintains public trust at CHCY by honoring patient confidentiality at all times. Practices clear, direct and tactful communication with all staff within the department and the public, resulting in effective information sharing and problem solving. Anticipates customers’ needs and looks for opportunities to exceed their expectations. Is a team player and consistently demonstrates attentive, courteous and efficient service to all internal and external customers. Communicates effectively with front office manager. Attends meetings and participates in group projects, as requested.
Computer literate. Knowledge of electronic practice management system, medical records management, medical terminology.