Hillrom is a $2.8B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, surgical products and information technology solutions. Hillrom’s comprehensive product and service offerings are used by health care providers across the health care continuum and around the world in hospitals, extended care facilities and home care settings to enhance the safety and quality of patient care.
The Clinical Sales Specialist (CSS) is a professional clinical advisor for the Hillrom Respiratory Health Home Care and Acute Care Sales Business. This role provides clinical support for NIV (Non- Invasive Ventilation), OLE (Oscillating Lung Expansion) and HFCWO (High Frequency Chest Wall Oscillation) product lines including training and titrating new patients for NIV; training for contracted Clinical Patient Trainers for NIV; managing the evaluation process within the Acute Care setting for Metaneb and Vest 205 potential purchases.
The CSS supports the clinical sales activities of Hillrom Account Executives and Acute Care Specialists by providing evidence of clinical value to patients during sales and customer calls. The core focus of the role is to provide clinical expertise that enhances clinical and financial outcomes for customers, their caregivers, and patients while increasing revenue within the assigned territory. This position requires flexibility, autonomy and the ability to collaborate with multiple team members to assure customer satisfaction.
The Clinical Sales Specialist is responsible for the promotion of safe and effective use of Hillrom Respiratory Health product portfolio, with an emphasis on NIV and OLE. The Clinical Sales Specialist role drives the adoption, utilization, and sales revenues by providing superior sales support, training, patient titration sessions, product evaluations and product education to customers, patients and sales representatives.
- Provide clinical sales support to promote and sell Hillrom’s Respiratory Health Product Portfolio, specifically Life2000, Metaneb and Vest 205.
- Effectively define the value of Hillrom’s product offerings for each customer using existing selling tools, providing clinically relevant product features / benefits and economic justification.
- Conduct product demonstrations and in-services to physicians and other medical personnel regarding the safe and effective use of products; proactively build robust relationships with medical staff.
- Provide NIV titration coverage for physicians conducting product evaluations and provide support for physicians using products with first cases as they transition to becoming consistent users /customers.
- Develop and implement a proactive plan with the Area Vice President and team members, to achieve sales goals and increase the quality of service to customers. Evaluate business conditions and sales trends.
- Work with Marketing, R&D, and Clinical Medical Affairs team to provide ongoing education and training updates, field intelligence on competitive products, market activity, effective clinical support techniques, as well as input on customer preferences and product features.
- Support Respiratory conferences and Society meetings, workshops, and other marketing events as requested scheduled by management.
- Facilitate resolutions to customer questions or complaints.
- Complete necessary reports and administrative tasks as needed (i.e. expense reports, competitive updates, sales force.com).
- Regional travel as necessary to support the needs of the business (approximately 50%- 75% travel, including overnight travel)