Healthcare & Medical Services
Responsible for patient care for members of the University community. Provides services relating to health training, athletic health, behavioral health, and rehabilitation across the University. Assists individuals coping with personal issues, disabilities, and life-threatening diseases.
Supervises the general health and welfare of students and establishes plans for the safe distribution of medications. Provides direct primary health care to patients, in collaboration with consulting physician and the multidisciplinary health team. Might participate in a variety of clinical research projects/studies involving various modalities of treatment for patients.
P2: Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher-level knowledge and skills. Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers. Solves a range of straightforward problems. Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
The job provides professional support and solves straightforward problems in nursing assist in the design, development, and ongoing modification of health care to patients. May educate staff and assist in problem solving to promote the implementation of the health care system.
1) Has a solid understanding of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders., 2) Applies logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems., 3) Interprets information from caregivers, nurses, or physicians about patient condition, treatment plans, or appropriate activities., 4) Has a solid understanding of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures., 5) Performs other related work as needed.
1) The Clinical Research Nurse is a part of the Sleep Research Center in the Department of Medicine at the University of Chicago, which consists of physician and PhD investigators, research coordinators, sleep technicians, data managers and trainees.
2) The Sleep Research Center conducts clinical research studies focusing on the links between insufficient sleep/sleep disorders and cardiometabolic health.
3) The primary responsibility of this individual is the conduct of clinical research and the care of research volunteers.
4) PRN overnight shifts providing nursing care for research study participants.
5) Shifts will be mainly at night, 7:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m., daytime shifts available occasionally.
6) Monitor safety of one subject through night; collect blood samples; and start and maintain overnight infusion.
7) Demonstrate proficiency in the following areas: (a.) Vital signs – interprets findings as well as trends. (b.) Skilled in venipuncture and intravenous line placement, in accordance with Universal Precautions (c.) Collect and minimally process blood samples (d.) Administer study medication, which may be in oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular or intravenous form.
8) Monitor the subject prior to, during and after study drug administration according to the protocol.
9) Elicit and assess adverse experiences and communicate these to the Investigator.
1) Fundamental working knowledge of clinical research.
2) Knowledge of patient care fundamentals, including aseptic principles and techniques.
3) Ability to provide direct patient care in a professional and respectful manner.
4) Excellent verbal and written communication.
5) Ability to read documents or instruments.
6) Ability to perform multiple concurrent tasks with occasional interruptions.
7) Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality while handling sensitive situations.
8) Ability to solve problems by applying math or reasoning principles.
9) Ability to adapt to changing working situations and work assignments.
Minimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.
Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through 2-5 years of work experience in a related job discipline.
1) Five years of nursing experience
2) Cover letter
Note: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the R esume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualifications