RTI International (RTI) is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 5000 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
The Center for Clinical Research Network Coordination (CRNC) in the Biostatistics and Epidemiology Division of RTI is currently seeking an entry-level Clinical Research Assistant to be based in Research Triangle Park, NC. CRNC provides statistical leadership and support of pre-clinical research, clinical trials, and observational studies, including expertise in statistical design, implementation, and analysis.
Please include a cover letter as the first page of your resume or attach as a separate document to your application.
- Provide comprehensive technical and administrative support to clinical research project teams
- Gather background data and information to support proposal and project efforts
- Coordinate and schedule conference calls; write and distribute meeting minutes
- Assemble and distribute various materials, including study supplies and data collection forms, to field or clinical sites
- Manage correspondence and project communications within the framework of a Clinical Research Network
- Prepare and distribute study documents and materials including data collection forms, manuals of operations and technical memos to research sites
- Prepare, monitor and track regulatory documents
- Facilitate study drug distribution, monitoring and tracking
- Assemble and distribute various study supplies to clinical sites
- Collaborate with data management team to develop and implement data collection and management strategies
- Monitor and participate in quality control activities
- Bachelor’s degree in health-related field, preference given to clinical research bachelor’s degree.
- While in college, a demonstrated interest in clinical research (courses in clinical research, human subjects, internships or capstones)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Strong technical writing skills
- Understanding of medical terminology
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Ability to actively participate on study teams and to assist project managers and directors on a variety of study types
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and outside clients
- Ability to complete tasks and deliverables within tight timeframes and during periods with competing priorities
- Ability to comprehend and follow specific instructions and guidelines, taking initiative when appropriate
- Motivated to advance