How you will make an impact:
- Establishes annual QI/QM Work Plan document which defines quality improvement priorities from both an activity and metric standpoint; updates to insert data and information as received; conducts annual evaluation.
- Develops, documents, and presents documentation to demonstrate compliance and delivery of all key deliverables internally and externally as needed.
- Supports, participates, and coordinates activities for the preparation and completion of audits, chart reviews, quality reporting and regulatory reviews.
- Works in conjunction with internal teams and clients to track clinical performance measures and interventions that support quality and corporate goals as well as accreditation or regulatory standards as applicable.
- Evaluates and assesses as needed to maintain compliance and high-quality delivery of services.
- Develops, implements, and leads quality improvement initiatives to improve desired outcomes.
- Documents accurately and comprehensively based on the standards of practice and current organization policies.
- Sets agenda and creates Quality Improvement Committee meeting materials to drive desired meeting outcomes and ensure proper recording of committee activities.
- Performs various department functions and processes, such as those associated with external audit, internal auditing functions, and annual QI/QM operational policy review and revision.
- Establishes and implements a process to regularly assess for changes in regulations in content and/or processes that would be required, and works to achieve organizational compliance.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
What we look for:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Dental Hygiene, Health Administration, Business, or other healthcare related field.
- 2+ years related experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Identifies as a catalyst for change.
- Ability to navigate various technology platforms.
- Ability to work independently and define an appropriate course of action and follow through to ensure the issue is resolved in a timely manner.
- High level of accountability for delivery of audits and process improvement deliverables in a timely manner.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong clinical skills that enable accurate assessment and implementation of interventions.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.