2. Performs clinical assessments of traumatic stress and associated mental health disorders for clients
3. Provides community care navigation for identified clients
4. Provides mental health education on the effects of trauma and/or the recovery process to clients. Provides coaching by interacting with clients to assist them in developing self-management skills and overcoming barriers to recovery.
5. Completes follow-ups and/or assertive outreach with clients who are referred by MHS, or those referred by MHS providers/departments, community partners, or other sources.
6. Keeps all necessary records per License/State/National guidelines in a manner that is commensurate with professional training and while observing professional standards/specified timeframes.
7. Meets all quality/accountability/documentation requirements for The MetroHealth System, the department, The Joint Commission, and the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (MHAS); completes all documentation requirements within specified timeframes. Facilitates data collection as needed for grant reporting purposes.
8. Builds cultural competency of a wide variety of groups; displays this while delivery mental health services, including communicating authentic cultural humility.
9. Collaborates on the adaptation/implementation of the Violence Intervention Program affiliated with The Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court. Participates in care meetings affiliated with the court system.
10. Participates in hospital and departmental required educational programs.
11. Keeps current with trends, developments, and practices in the field as they relate to this work assignment.
12. Incorporate principles of teamwork in the resolution, completion and follow-up of responsibilities.
Master's degree in Social Work, Counseling, or other Behavioral Health-related field of study from an institution accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, or other similar accrediting body.
Currently licensed by the State of Ohio as a Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC).
Experience managing a case load of patients.
Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of cultural, ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Currently licensed by the State of Ohio as a Licensed Independent Social Worker with Supervision (LISW-S) or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor with Supervision (LPCC-S).
Experience with Psychiatric evaluations and dispositions.
Experience with therapeutic interventions and treatment planning.
Experience working with Trauma patients.
May sit, stand, stoop, bend, and ambulate intermittently during the day.
May need to sit or stand for extended periods.
See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Finger dexterity to operate office equipment required.
May need to lift to twenty-five (25) pounds on occasion.
Ability to communicate in face-to-face, phone, email, and other communications.
Ability to see computer monitor and departmental documents.