Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOA – LA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Housing and Urban Development – VA Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH)
The Department of Housing and Urban Development – VA Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH) Program is an effort between VOALA, HUD, and the VA to move Veterans and their families out of homelessness and into permanent housing. The program provides housing assistance through a special Section 8 voucher program to allow homeless veterans to rent privately-owned housing.
HUD-VASH also provides long–term case management, clinical/supportive services, and permanent housing assistance for chronically homeless Veterans. Combines Housing Choice Voucher assistance for homeless Veterans with case management and clinical services provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Clinical Case Management Team provides clients with the highest levels of acuity and co-morbidities individualized care through access to service linkages, counseling, treatment planning, and various crisis intervention methods in order to prepare individuals for further success. The Clinical Case Manager II provides Intensive Case Management Services to clients who have several psychological co-morbidities that must be managed appropriately for a successful re-entry into society.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Conducts comprehensive screenings and assessments with individuals (and families as appropriate) to collect functional, environmental, psycho-social, financial, employment, housing, educational, and health information, as appropriate
- Assess barriers facing the clients and develop a case plan
- Coordinate individualized planning with clients to meet short- and long-term needs
- Provide service linkages and support systems to ensure identified needs are met
- Coordinates case conferences with clients, consults with service team, monitors progress of clients on case plan, assists clients to meet the agreed upon goals
- Acts as advocate for client before judicial, community, social service, and administrative bodies as needed; facilitates support groups and client participation
- Network and communicate with referral agencies and community resources, as well as family members and natural supports
- Participates and assists with outreach events
- Other tasks as may be required to meet the program goals, and goals of program participants
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology, or counseling from fully-accredited college or university
- Registered with the Board of Behavioral Sciences as an Associate Clinical Social Worker (ASW) or Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (AMFT)
- Minimum of 2 years of providing human services to a special needs’ population, including at least 1 years of complex clinical experience in homelessness, addictions, under-served population, or prison re-entry/diversion program
- Minimum of 1000 supervised hours working towards Licensure (LCSW or LMFT)
- Strong knowledge of case management ethics, HIPAA, Programmatic standards of operation and clinical engagement, clinical documentation methods, client focused ideology
- Knowledge of psychosocial treatment modalities, especially cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy skills training (DBT), motivational interviewing (MI), relapse prevention (RP), and Seeking Safety
- Strong knowledge of and ability to work with issues related to homelessness, aging in place, substance abuse, mental health diagnosis, and history of trauma
- Strong Microsoft operating system navigation, including Outlook, Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiar with Database entry and use
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Mastery of case management skills in social services delivery
- Demonstrated ability to perform under circumstances of possible emotional stress and conflict, including dealing with un-cooperative clients
- Strong Communication Skills in oral and written English language
- Ability to coach and mentor staff
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standard
- Client- focused, Demonstrated leadership qualities: Dependable, collaborative, prompt, positive mindset, flexible, organized, and comfortable with conflict resolution/mediation
- 2 years of complex clinical experience in program(s) serving homelessness, addictions, under-served populations or prison re-entry/diversion
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.