Job Title: Client Service Assistant
Department: Outreach and Prevention Services
Reports To: Prevention & Diversion Supervisor
Salary: 12.50 Hr
The Outreach Service Assistant will be responsible for accurate and timely data entry ensuring that clients are entered into the UNITY Network according to the Outreach Policies and Procedures. This position also responsible for utilizing Unity real time data entry to establish and update client profile for the use of Outreach services.
1. Directly responsible for ensuring data collection is being performed based on department guidelines and reporting of data is timely and accurate.
2. Utilizes the UNITY database to log Outreach Services and create Metropolitan Ministries upon completion of entering new and updates families.
3. Prescreens applicants to determine services needed. Provides community resource information regarding other agencies, organizations and ministries to meet varying needs of clients.
4. Assists with database accuracy and cleanup by updating records where appropriate and reporting duplicate accounts for elimination.
5. Handle all client information in a professional manner, exemplifying all professional confidentiality standards.
6. Be knowledgeable in UNITY and participate when requested in regular group meetings.
7. Monitor utilization of Unity usage for verification of Unity number and services received in Unity Database. Ensure all data is being entered accurately to a minimum accuracy rate of 99%.
8. Meet personal goals and actively contributes to the achievement of team and organizational targets/goals as stated on the Balanced Scorecard and in the annual plan. Attend all required staff meetings and on-going training’s.
9. Participates in Outreach Cross training’s learning how to operate all functions of Outreach in the case of need.
10. Supports extended operating hours on Tuesday evenings and participates in Metropolitan Ministries’events and holiday efforts.
11. Attend all required staff meetings and on-going training’s.
12. Help train interns and volunteers as a team effort in learning Unity database and providing direct services.
Education and Experience:
A minimum of a High School diploma or GED. Experience working with individuals who are homeless, or have mental health/substance abuse issues preferred. Must be willing to continue education on homeless population and continue enhancing professional skills by taking initiative attending appropriate job related seminars, conferences and workshops i.e. Unity Training, Prosperity Tax Training, and ASO Training.
Requires heart for ministry and comfort working with poor and homeless families and individuals. Requires understanding of poverty, a high degree of maturity, strong inter-personal skills and the ability to work with low socio-economic and diverse populations facing crisis situations in a professional and diplomatic manner. Knowledge of community resources available to homeless population. Ability to deescalate clients on the edge of verbal or physical violence. Ability to work as part of a team within a multi-disciplinary framework. Ability to manage other employees and volunteers. Demonstrates computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Office and client databases. Requires customer service and oral and written communication skills. Bi-lingual a plus, but not required.
Must have adequate hearing and speaking ability. Must be capable of working outdoors in sunlight and higher temperatures on occasion. Must have the physical, emotional, and spiritual stamina to handle job-related issues and stress. Must be able to lift 20 lbs or more.
Must demonstrate legal authorization to work in the United States. Must pass required background pre-employment screening. Must be able to communicate effectively in English.