Responsible for performing customer service, billing and collection for water, sewer, garbage and storm water services.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
Essential duties and functions may include the following. Must possess required knowledge skills, abilities and experience and to be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations that the essential functions of the job can be performed. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Addresses telephone and walk-in customer requests seeking information, submitting applications for service, requesting meter readings and utility connects, disconnects and/or transfers for residential and commercial utility accounts.
- Investigates and responds both verbally and in writing to complaints and inquiries from utility customers regarding billing, rates and city policies; arranges credit term payments, extensions and payment plans.
- Serves as point of escalation for difficult customers and/or billing problems.
- Receives and maintains accounts for monies from utilities (water, garage, sewer and storm water) and municipal permits; issues payment receipts to customers.
- Posts payments to customer accounts; reconciles daily bank deposits; performs audits on peer daily deposits and prepares reports as required.
- Maintains accurate billing for the City’s water, sewer, garbage and storm water services; audits and reconciles customer records to ensure the appropriate party is incurring expense.
- Reviews billing data; calculates proper customer billing charges and reports and corrects billing errors by adjusting balances within the City’s InCode software.
- Assists with preparation of annual budget; tracks and reports monthly variances to plan.
- Assist with review and revision of Finance Department’s policies and procedures.
- Assists Supervisor with training of staff.