The Financial Recovery division was established to ensure effective and efficient collections of funds owed to Manatee County. The staff is responsible for assisting with the completion of the Indigence application and determining indigence for the purposes of costs or representation based upon the information provided. The Clerk I/Financial Recovery Indigence Examiner position is a full-time, non-supervisory position reporting to the Supervisor of Financial Recovery & Traffic.
- High School diploma or GED
- One year of recent and relevant experience that demonstrates the ability to apply acute attention to detail in maintenance of detailed data, preferably in an automated systems environment
- Basic mathematical aptitude, as well as alpha and numeric filing skills are required
- Computer literacy which includes, but is not limited to, proficiency in Microsoft Windows suite
- Once qualified, deputization may be required to perform the assigned functions
Along with the satisfactory performance of this job's essential functions, the employee in this position is expected to actively and consistently demonstrate the core values of the Clerk's Office.
Service to All
Everyone is my customer. From our customers to my coworkers and colleagues, excellent service is my primary goal. I will provide courteous, patient and knowledgeable service to everyone.
I will foster the highest level of ethical conduct and promote an atmosphere of transparency, accountability and confidentiality in my actions and behavior. I will comply with all the Clerk's policies.
I will treat the office, everyone I come in contact with and myself with respect. From punctuality to dress code, I will be mindful of what my actions and my appearance communicate to others.
I will present ideas and information in a thoughtful and courteous manner and be open minded to the ideas and suggestions of others. I take responsibility to keep others fully informed of situations and information at all levels whether in writing or verbally.
I accept responsibility for the quality, quantity and timeliness of my work. I will seek answers to issues I do not understand and I will own my behavior.
I hold myself and others accountable for the success of the team. I support a culture that finds solutions, rather than make excuses or place blame. I will be flexible and cooperative when faced with change.
I will foster an environment of continuous improvement. I am encouraged to research, study and learn the vast workings of the Clerk's office so I can be of the most service to our customers.
It is understood that every incidental duty connected with operations listed in the job description is not always specifically described, and that employees, at the discretion of management, may be required to perform duties not within their job descriptions. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Provides excellent customer service to all in person, in email and over the phone; is approachable, helpful and personable; and answers questions knowledgeably and with patience.
- Gains knowledge and proficiency in statutes, laws and rules affecting collections activities
- Performs collections activities
- Initiates and maintains a complete and accurate record, using the case management system and established division procedures
- Participates in division cross training initiatives to acquire knowledge and skill sets to support efficient functioning of the assigned division work.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this job
ESSENTIAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
The essential mental and physical functions listed below are required in order for an employee to be able to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Thinking critically; defined as reading, understanding and taking appropriate action on detailed and complex information
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Repetitive actions/motion of one or both hands
- Hearing ordinary conversation and office sounds
- Verbal communication in person and on the phone
- Written communication by hand and on PC
P.O. Box 25400
Bradenton, Florida, 34206