- Local Deliveries/Home Every Night
- Brownsville Location
Essential Job Functions:
- Operate will operate a tractor to haul dump beds, flat beds, and box van trailers in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Provide roll off delivery and removal services to customers on assigned route(s) or by work order.
- Maintain and update route sheets.
- Responsible for counting and recording quantities and styles of product delivered and picked up to ensure accurate paperwork for customer transactions
- Conduct pre-trip/post trip inspections and complete logs.
- Maintain and update drivers log sheets.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Physical Labor will be required.
- Identifies need for repairs and/or maintenance to vehicles and is accountable for ensuring the maintenance or repairs are accomplished with a minimum of disruption to the operation.
- Operates a variety of equipment and regularly interfaces with both internal and external customers.
- Efficiently transport, unload and distribute product to customer locations.
- Professional interface with customers; build and maintain relationships.
- Perform vehicle inspections required under section 396.13 of the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations.
- Operate and maintain records in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR), Department of Transportation (DOT) and company policies as required.
- Ability to drive truck with a manual transmission.
- General knowledge of mechanics of trucks.
- Operates a forklift and other loading equipment as necessary.
- Work a flexible schedule and as many as 12-14 hours in a day.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Other related duties as assigned by Transportation Manager or Plant Manager
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions:
- High school diploma or equivalent or a combination of experience & technical training.
- Have a valid Class A CDL Driver's License
- 2 years CDL truck driving experience preferred.
- 2 years scrap metal industry experience preferred.
- 2 years roll-off truck experience preferred.
- 2 years triaxle dump experience preferred.
- 2 years dump truck experience preferred.
- Possess and maintain a valid Class A Commercial driver's license.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must pass a company paid Post Offer Pre-Hire screen (physical essential functions) test.
- Must have a valid DOT medical card or able to obtain prior to hire.
- Safe driving record and history
- Must not have any DUI’s within the last 5 years or 2 in the last 10 years.
- Must not have any license suspensions within the last 2 years.
- No more than 3 moving violations within the last 2 years.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Strong verbal communication skills; will be in contact with internal dispatch personnel as well as customer representatives
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
- Able to count and perform basic math.
- Must be able to satisfy all DOT QA file requirements and paperwork
- Must have ability to wear/use approved applicable safety equipment, as needed.
- Performance of other duties deemed by management to be an integral part of the job.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Must meet Department of Transportation physical and medical requirements and pass a substance abuse screening, and as a safety sensitive employee, is subject to random substance abuse screening and a mandatory post-accident screening.
- Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
- Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
About Metalico Pittsburgh :
Metalico is a leading full-service, broadly diversified scrap metal recycler, principally operating in the Northeastern United States. Our scrap operations source, buy, process, and sell four distinct groups of commodity metals for use in the manufacture of new products: +We recycle scrap steel and iron, which is sold primarily to domestic mills and foundries. +We recycle non-ferrous metals, principally aluminum, copper, lead, and nickel-based steel and high temperature alloys. These products are sold to domestic manufacturers and, to a lesser extent, to the export markets. +We buy catalytic converters and recover platinum, palladium, and rhodium, known as Platinum Group Metals (PGM's). These precious metals are typically refined and reused by industry in emissions control devices. Metalico today employs 600 people in 27 operating locations across 6 states. Metalico is headquartered in Cranford, New Jersey.