Wilson & Company is seeking a registered professional mechanical engineer and Project Manager to provide task and project management on a wide range of projects, and to design construction plans, specifications and studies for a variety of projects. Experience with piping design and hydraulic calculations, pump sizing, process and instrumentation diagram development is needed, along with an understanding of codes (ASTM, ASME, and API) and construction issues. Projects will include mechanical engineering for industrial facilities with an interesting and diverse mix of municipal and commercial projects such as rail terminal facilities. Familiarity with Class 1 Railroad facilities design including fueling platforms and industrial waste treatment is desired. A self-motivating personality with good communication skills is required. We would expect the candidate to be a lead mechanical engineer on projects, and project manager on some projects.
Applicant will work closely with Clients to develop overall processes, review existing product systems, inspect existing equipment and facilities, define scopes of work, and prioritize projects within Client’s overall program. Will require frequent travel with the Client to facilities to review and inspect existing systems.
Applicants should have a mechanical engineering degree and with 6 or more years’ experience with mechanical design of facilities, particularly including rail facilities, industrial or oil and gas experience. A broad knowledge of mechanical engineering is desired. The candidate should possess an engineering license. Proficiency with AutoCAD, MicroStation and 3D piping software is a plus along with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and the ability to learn and use new software.
We are seeking several positions for full-time employment in a variety of locations, including Omaha, NE; Sacramento, CA; and Houston, TX.
This position is for railroad fueling facility design and requires a detailed-oriented Engineer and Project Manager with significant experience in the railroad industry. Must have the ability to perform engineering and design functions for typical and complex locomotive fueling, storage, lube oil, sanding, industrial waste, thermal systems and air compressor stations, car repair shops and metering in accordance with AREMA, ASME B31.3, B31.4, B31.8 and DOT CFR 49 sections 192 and 195 codes. You should be a self-motivated individual with the capabilities and desire to work in a team environment, with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a related field.
Mechanical Engineer and Project Manager Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide design and mechanical engineering for multiple projects
- Prepare sketches and perform calculations for mechanical equipment and/or detailed segment of a project
- Prepare technical equipment data sheets for review and approval
- Prepare technical equipment specifications for review and approval
- Evaluate vendor’s technical bids and recommendations
- Review vendor drawings for assigned segment of project
- Participate in design reviews, risk assessments and vendor bid evaluations
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets financial objectives
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Developing Budgets, Coaching, Supervision, Staffing, Project Management, Process Improvement, Performance Management
- 4 years minimum of engineering experience in Class I locomotive fueling facility project detailed design
- PE registration
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering
Please note that Wilson & Company is not currently sponsoring applicants for work visas.
Wilson & Company has a rich history in planning and design, and the right candidate will become part of our bright future. We provide multidisciplinary engineering, architecture, surveying, mapping, environmental, and planning services, and employ staff throughout 16 offices in 10 states. The firm was founded in 1932 and provides services to a diverse client base including railroads; municipal, state, and federal agencies; energy, industrial, and commercial companies; and private developers.
The cornerstone of our success is Higher Relationships, standards in Discipline, Intensity, Collaboration, Shared Ownership, and Solutions. Discipline is doing it right, with attention to details without exception. Intensity is doing what it takes to meet and exceed expectations. Collaboration is working together and bringing out the best in each other. Shared Ownership means we adopt the goals of others as our own. Finally, Solutions are achieved in a win-win environment. We value this commitment to Higher Relationships with our employees, clients, and the communities where we live and work. And for you, our culture intends to help you achieve personal and professional success. Come grow with us!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background