Ryan Companies is looking for an organized, innovative, collaborative and forward-thinking Civil Designer I who aims for the highest standards of excellence. The ideal candidate will be able to problem solve and design both as part of a collaborative team and perform work independently. Candidates with approximately 2 years or less of experience are most likely to be successful. Ryan Companies uses a unique integrated delivery process that involves architecture, engineering, construction, development, real estate management and capital markets. Ryan’s integrated process requires an individual to be able to work in a proactive and positive manner in tandem with local teams and cross regionally within a national design practice. This position is based in our Minneapolis headquarters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam (EIT) in the state of employment preferred
- Relevant professional work experience a plus
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse team
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong mathematic background and understanding of engineering principles (hydrology, grading, etc.)
- Strong interest in site development
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D
Roles and Responsibilities
- Works in tandem with Civil Engineers, Architects, Development, Construction and Consultants to develop documentation for coordination and construction.
- Gathers background site data from online resources.
- Analyzes site constraints.
- Performs zoning code reviews and researches agency requirements.
- Performs basic CAD drafting tasks and engineering calculations.
- Assists in site design and plan preparation to depict site layouts, grading, stormwater management, erosion control and utilities.
- Independently solves problems.
- Seeks guidance on unusual or complex issues.
- Contributes to Ryan culture through participation in office activities, initiatives and learning programs.
Positions require verification of employment eligibility to work in the U.S.
Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
Retirement and Savings Benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Ryan Foundation – charitable matching funds
Paid Time for Volunteer Events
Ryan is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.