Layout and completion of documents by using AutoCAD and/or Civil3D software.
* This position can be filled in either our Bettendorf, IA or St. Louis MO locations.
- Work closely with other Technicians, Designers and Engineers on projects using AutoCAD software to prepare drawings, graphs, charts, and overlays;
- Review work requirements with scheduler to determine work for the day and/or week;
- Requests clarification from the designer on items that are not clear on markups or instructions for drafting purposes;
- Is familiar with AutoCAD standards and symbols to maintain uniformity for the company;
- Insures that the drawings produced are of quality acceptable to the company;
- Assist engineers and designers with field measurements of existing plans and prepare drawings from field data;
- May help calculate quantities for cost estimate;
- Perform drawing maintenance and run prints as needed;
- Perform general office work and other duties as assigned by the employer.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in the production of technical plans.
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Office programs and AutoCAD Civil3D programs;
- Knowledge of practical applications of engineering science and technology;
- Ability to clearly communicate both in written and oral communication.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree or certificate in Computer Aided Drafting or related field;
- 2 – 3 years solid AutoCAD experience;
- Previous years of experience may be considered in replace of degree.
- Regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, see, hear, and lift objects up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally required to drive, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, reach with hands or arms, and grasp or pull.
- Will have limited exposure to outside weather conditions and loud noises
IMEG Corp., an employee owned corporation, is committed to investing in employees’ futures through structured programs including formal mentoring, opportunities for career advancement and professional development. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous PTO, flexible schedule, and assistance with tuition reimbursement. Additionally, employees are eligible to enroll in health, dental, vision, and life insurance on their first day of employment.
Ready to engineer your career? Apply today!
IMEG Corp. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran’s status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.