WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a leading provider of architectural, engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, environmental, construction and program management. The company provides its comprehensive range of services and solutions to support U.S. federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker’s more than 3,000 employees across nearly 100 locations are committed to a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve challenges for clients and communities throughout the country. To learn more, visit https://mbakerintl.com/.
Michael Baker International has addressed bridge design, construction and preservation challenges with innovative and sustainable solutions. Exemplifying its depth and versatility in the bridge space, Michael Baker International, ranked Number Five by Engineering News-Record in its annual ranking of Bridge Design Firms in the United States, has partnered with clients on a full spectrum of bridge types-from conventional grade separations to major, complex river crossings, including trusses, arches, box girders and cable-stayed bridges.
The Civil Associate I will join a team performing the design of bridges, retaining walls, noise walls, culverts, and/or sign structures.
- The best part of being a Civil Associate I in Michael Baker’s Fort Washington, PA office is that you will face different challenges every day, some of which will be extraordinarily complex.
- Most days will be spent in the office preparing design calculations, CAD drawings, and inspection reports.
- You will feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping Michael Baker International provide innovative solutions to transportation challenges, big and small, and Making a Difference for the clients and communities we serve!
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and 0 to 2 years of relevant experience.
- Organized and determined with a commitment to accuracy and quality
- Strong English language skills, written and verbal are essential to long term success in this role.
- Responsible for supporting a variety of tasks.
- Quickly get up to speed on our policy, procedures and relevant software while acquiring an understanding of the company’s service offerings, and the standards relevant to your projects.
- Microsoft Office Suite and related structural engineering software.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.