Disciple, encourage and edify our youth and young families to know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior in order to serve Him and glorify Him by loving others and sharing the gospel locally and globally.
The Ministry to Children, Youth and Young Family position will further develop and manage the ministry to children and youth (grades K1-12) and their family.
- A gospel (grace) centered ministry philosophy is essential.
- The individual must submit to the Constitution of the Presbyterian Church in America (Westminster Standards and “Book of Church Order”).
- Applicants with a seminary degree or actively working to finish a seminary degree will be considered.
- Applicants must be ordained or seeking ordination within the first year of being hired.
- Proven ministry experiences in ministry to children, youth and their families are preferred.
- The individual must have a proven ability to relate to youth and their families. Relationship building skills is a must. This position requires a man who is able to disciple youth.
- An ability to teach the Scriptures from a Reformed and Covenantal perspective in a way that will communicate to our contemporary youth culture is a priority.
- Theological integrity in all matters of ministry to youth and family is essential.
- The individual is to have a commitment to connecting this age group to the general congregation.
- An ability to manage and equip volunteers for ministry both as teachers and youth leaders is essential.
- The individual must have the ability to develop ministry plans and the skills to implement the particulars of the plan.
- Organizational and managerial skills are important for this position.
Areas of Responsibility
- Be responsible for all children, youth and young families’ Sunday school classes.
- Plan and administer the weekly youth group gatherings. This includes responsibilities in teaching youth during the weekly meetings.
- Ability to interact with and disciple students both through the established MRPC youth ministry as well as other informal settings as they arise.
- Recruit and develop adult volunteer leaders for this area of ministry.
- Plan and administer an effective discipleship ministry through one-on-one activity with the youth and small group ministry for their families.
- Organize and administer all children and youth activities.
- Develop a strategy to minister to parents of the youth to include establishing effective, regular communications with all parents. Regular scheduled meetings with parents are necessary.
- Special projects as directed by the senior pastor and/or Session.
Administrative reporting responsibility is directly to the executive pastor.
A commitment to prayer, Bible study, leadership of his family, a godly life-style that models Christ and a grace-centered approach to life and ministry.
If you are interested in either of these positions, please email your resume to: [email protected] OR you can mail it to the church office: Meadowview Reformed Presbyterian Church, One Grace Way Drive, Lexington, NC 27295 to the Attention of Ken Kuhn.