- Completing psychiatric assessments (including medical and psychiatric history, history of medications, review of systems, evaluation of mental, emotional, behavioral, and social status);
- Completing physical examinations as indicated by clinical condition or by hospital policy;
- Treating of medical and psychiatric problems including use of pharmacotherapy, psychotherapy, and other treatment modalities;
- Functioning as leader of treatment team, conducting treatment team meetings, and leading the development of comprehensive interdisciplinary treatment plans;
- Coordinating and integrating overall care of patients;
- Interpreting and integrating reports by other professionals;
- Ordering appropriate tests and consults (e.g., labs, x-rays, psychological testing, speech and language evaluations, occupational therapy evaluations, etc.);
- Documenting patient care rendered and the patient's progress toward achievement of identified goals according to hospital standards; coordinating and supervising discharge plans; developing discharge summaries; and providing on-call services as required.
Central Regional Hospital (CRH), Child / Adolescent is located in Butner, provides inpatient psychiatric services to children and adolescents (ages 5-18) who cannot be served in the community because of the severity of their symptoms. Inpatient services include:
- Crisis stabilization (immediate help for a mental health emergency)
- Medical care
- Psychiatric treatment
- Patient advocacy
- Social work services including counseling, discharge planning and links to the community
Salary Grade: MG15
Recruitment Range: $195,000.00 – $281,799.00 Annually
About the Department of Health and Human Services / Central Regional Hospital:
The NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is one of the largest, most complex agencies in the state, with approximately 18,000 employees. In collaboration with its partners, it is responsible for ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all North Carolinians.
CRH is a State-of-the Art psychiatric hospital located in Butner, NC. Our location is ideal with four seasons, mild temperatures and provides an easy commute to the N.C. mountains or beaches. Butner possesses small town charm but is within 30 minutes of a major metropolitan area including Research Triangle Park, Raleigh, Chapel Hill, and Durham, NC. The people we serve are at the heart of our facility. Our team is critical to the mission of the hospital. We strive to create an environment in which every team member contributes to the overall success of the hospital to positively impact the lives of those around them and the individuals we serve.
To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified candidates must document on the application that they clearly possess all of the following:
- Graduation from an accredited medical school and completion of psychiatry residency (or anticipated completion before job commencement).
- Knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to child/adolescent patients, as credentialed by the Medical Staff.
- Considerable knowledge of inpatient psychiatry; knowledge of the theories and general practices of medicine; thorough knowledge of biological, social, and psychological developmental processes at all ages; a sound identity with and training in medicine and psychiatry; and demonstrated clinical abilities.
- Ability to work on an interdisciplinary team and integrate care is essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including legibility) are essential.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate or learn proficiency with electronic medical record.
- Board certification in Psychiatry
Licensed to practice medicine in the State of North Carolina.