Exciting opportunity to join a fast growing organization! Boudreau Pipeline Corporation named as one of the “Top Workplaces in the Inland Empire”, year over year has an immediate opening for a Chief Estimator. The Chief Estimator reports to the Vice President of Operations and has primary responsibility for the Estimating Team’s successful completion of sales and project goals. The ideal candidate is experienced with the creation of budgets and estimates for underground wet utilities. Additionally the Chief Estimator is responsible for the oversight of the estimating processes, methodology and systems for the Estimating Team, and training team members in the use of estimating tools and analytics.
- Assigns responsibilities for estimating team on each project, ensuring scope, materials and labor are accurate
- Utilizes the company approved costing methodology, data and systems to present estimate results in a detailed breakdown format suitable for use by the project manager and project team.
- Assists the team and prepares cost estimates assuring that all necessary costs are detailed, and included in the estimate; such as management services, equipment and material costs, construction costs, operating costs, and other costs associated with wet pipeline projects.
- Identifies risk issues and their order of magnitude and communicates with team.
- Ability to solicit subcontractor and/or supplier information and pricing.
- Is able to prepare conceptual budgets based on minimal information.
- Ability to analyze alternate means and methods to determine the most economic alternative.
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, specialty contractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Familiar with and able to explain the detail behinds behind estimates, including the basis of the man-hours allocated for each task, personnel resources needed to execute each task, etc.
- Reviews general conditions, schedule, scope of work, equipment and labor projections, and site logistics.
- Assists the Project Management department by: Ensuring transfer of information on successful proposals including the Take-Off Meeting, assist in the preparation and review of work plans, and participate in periodic reviews or project site visits as appropriate.
- Actively participates in industry, client and community relations to enhance the company image.
- Maintains and communicates data on construction and material cost trends affecting project costs.
- May prepare process flow diagrams, layout drawings, data sheets and technical job reports.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ten (5), or more years of experience in Estimating leadership with ten (10) years in private estimating experience with at least five (5) or more years emphasis in wet pipeline industry projects.
- Strong organization, record-keeping and follow-up skills.
- Ability to professionally communicate the basis for individual work product when in a highly concerned environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in project management, engineering, technical, or construction preferred.
- Ability to breakdown construction operations into a logical sequence of activities.
- Ability to adapt to needs of project should it be independent work or working within the team.
- Ability to read and understand Civil Plans and understand complex project deliverables via project bids.
- Ability to understand written procedures, write routine documents, speak clearly, and understand multi-step written and oral instructions in English.
- Must demonstrate good attendance and the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Must have a valid CA Driver’s License and good driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body.
- Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to stooping, standing, bending, sitting, kneeling and squatting for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 25 pounds occasionally and as needed.
- Ability to lift, push and pull materials to complete assigned job tasks.
Boudreau Pipeline offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life Insurance, etc. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.