The ChargeMaster Coordinator is responsible for the designing and monitoring of the processes by which the Hospital and Clinic ChargeMasters are maintained and updated. Ensures annual updates have been implemented. Accountable for ensuring all charge capture documents are captured and systems are modified to reflect new information. Ability to effectively work as a team member and subject matter expert regarding chargeable and billable services. Data entry and updates for chargeable items in all systems.
Essential Job Duties:
- Internal & external customer service
- Abstracting; to compile statistical data and training
- Monitors billing performance
- Adhere and support WCH policy, procedures and practices
- Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned
- Performs specific work duties and projects assigned by supervisor
- Assist in compiling of statistical and quality data
- Interdepartmental communication in verbal or written formats
- Implement new systems as they occur
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two or more years of previous hospital experience as a Chargemaster or in Billing and Coding
- Proficient computer knowledge
- Prefer Coding Certification or ability to obtain certificate within 6 months of hire
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs
- Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Adequate hearing and vision for effective communication.
- Follow complex instructions.
- Think logically in following procedures and instructions.
- Work well under stress, with interruptions and deadlines.
- Effectively communicate dept needs to other departments.