The Medical Charge Entry Specialist is responsible for posting daily charges for various specialties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures physician’s charges are received in a timely manner.
- Enters visit charges into EMR per doctor’s coding on super-bill and/or electronic billing.
- Reviews schedule to ensure all charges are entered in EMR
- Confirm via monthly reports that all charges are captured.
- Communicate with management for status of charges.
- Verifies patient demographic and updated insurance information.
- Identifies and resolves minor patient billing issues
- Review Medical Documentation for visits and procedures for confirmation of proper coding
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a High School diploma; Associates Degree preferred.
- CPC preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in healthcare billing preferred
- Ability to perform routine mathematical calculations
- Familiarity with EMR system.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Strong organizational skills.
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as accept direction on given assignments.
- Able to work collaboratively with administration and staff.
Premier Medical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer