YMCA of South Florida’s Youth Development Team in Miami is looking for Certified Teachers to join our team for the 2019/20120 school year. As a Certified Teacher, you will be responsible for providing instruction and leadership based on selected project-based learning activities with academic, social, and/or physical fitness components. Individuals in this position ensure that participants progress toward academic and fitness benchmarks.
- Assess and track student performance based on grant guidelines.
- Communicate with parents/guardians regarding the students’ progress and needs.
- Develop and implement project-based learning activities and mandated curriculum and work with counselors to ensure ongoing progress.
- Complete outcome assessments and grant mandated testing.
- Ensure that all YMCA policies and Risk Management / Safety procedures are followed.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bi-lingual, English and Spanish, a plus.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
Certifications & Licenses:
- Certified Teacher in the State of Florida
As a condition of employment, you will be required to submit to and satisfactorily clear a thorough Level II fingerprinting background screening.
The YMCA of South Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age or disability.