Job Summary: In collaboration with anesthesiologists, delivers anesthesia for medical and surgical procedures.
- Consistently uses an outward mindset and puts forth exemplary effort in accomplishing his/her goals and objectives in a manner that helps others to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Performs complete pre-anesthesia assessment.
- Formulates anesthesia care plan.
- Perform all required safety and performance checks on anesthesia-related equipment and verify the appropriate supplies before initiating care.
- Perform appropriate techniques of the anesthetic plan.
- Monitors the patient’s physical response to the anesthetic and informs the anesthesiologist of any adverse condition.
- Administer IV fluids relative to the patient’s medical history and surgical procedure.
- Appropriately document the patient status in the anesthesia record.
Minimum Qualifications: Current state licensures as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Anesthetist in the State of Michigan. Graduate of a nurse anesthesia program accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs. ACLS certification.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Clear oral expression and comprehension; deductive and inductive reasoning skills; ability to write clearly; use of technology such as EMR; selective attention – able to concentrate for protracted periods; ability to shift back and forth successfully between two or more activities; manual dexterity to manage IV tubing, syringes, and other equipment; information ordering skills; patterns of numbers, pictures, words and mathematical operations including medication calculation. Ability to work with diverse patient and staff populations with sensitivity to cultural and spiritual influences impacting patient care. Available when scheduled for call.
Working Conditions: Work in an unpredictable environment encountering stressful situations and exposure to body fluids and infectious diseases. May experience traumatic situations including deceased patients.
Physical Requirements: Constantly see/visual acuity, handle/grasp/feel, talk/hear. Frequently stand, sit, walk, reach. Occasionally lift/carry 1 to 49 lbs.