Job Title: Retail Pharmacy Technician
Job Category: Retail Pharmacy
Department/Group: Front Retail and/or Non Sterile Compounding Lab
Perform all responsibilities associated with assisting customers and processing prescription orders in the pharmacy and over the phone. Focus on customer needs by listening, demonstrating care, and finding resolutions to deliver excellent customer service while working with internal and external parties to ensure complete customer satisfaction . Process all new and refill prescription orders and is instrumental in providing accurate and complete orders to help promote patient safety and compliance. Facilitate pharmacy record retention by ensuring accuracy and organization daily. Manage and maintain accurate medication inventory, and plays a significant role in improving pharmacy performance by contributing to inventory evaluation and profit management.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent
Be at least 18 years of age
License / Certification Required
Valid Pharmacy Technician License that is registered and in good standings with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy (Verification is Required)
Valid Texas State Driver’s License
Other Skills Required
· Must be proficient in using Windows Operating System as well as Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Word and Excel)
· Communicate and receive detailed information effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing
· Ability to preserve confidential information while following applicable Federal and State laws, regulations, professional standards, and ethical principals
· Required to pass certifications for HIPPA, Fraud, Waste & Abuse, and MethGuard in the first 90 days of employment
· Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure; this may include using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and being able to compute rate, ration and percent
· Ability to read fine prints and concentrate on a detailed task over a period of time without being distracted in a fast-paced environment
Role and Responsibilities
Focus on customer needs by listening, demonstrating care, and finding resolutions to deliver excellent customer service while working with internal and external parties to ensure complete customer satisfaction .
· Greet and assist customers in a friendly and timely manner, both in the pharmacy and over the phone.
· Provide excellent customer service by focusing on the customer, actively listening, and asking questions to understand and prioritize their needs.
· Deliver complete customer satisfaction by demonstrating genuine care and empathy at all times.
· Address customer complaints, identify potential problems, and work to find resolution immediately. Collaborate with pharmacy team and external parties when assistance is needed in finding resolution.
· Protect customer privacy and security by following company policies and procedures and applicable State and Federal regulations
Process all new and refill prescription orders and is instrumental in providing accurate and complete orders to help promote patient safety and compliance.
· Receive written prescription and/or refill requests and verify all patient and prescription information is accurate and up to date. Thoroughly notate all details regarding prescription orders for effective communication with team members.
· Understand each work station and follow workflow processes while staying flexible to meet the needs of both the schedule and business.
· Transcribe prescription orders accurately and efficiently utilizing pharmacy software and adjudicate all prescriptions using appropriate billing information. Work with pharmacy team, health care providers, and insurance companies to expedite resolution for medication or insurance concerns.
· Assemble prescription orders by preparing medication and supplies needed to ensure patient safety and satisfaction.
· Finalize prescription orders by utilizing 8-point check, verifying all supplies required have been packaged, and detailed notes have been provided to communicate with team members to ensure complete patient satisfaction with the order, prior to sending for pharmacist verification.
Facilitate pharmacy record retention by ensuring accuracy and organization daily.
· Establish and maintain accurate patient profiles, updating information as needed, while preserving patient confidentiality at all times.
· Organize prescription hard copies daily and complete filling on a weekly basis.
· Locate daily packing slips and shipment invoices, obtain appropriate signatures, and file for monthly reconciling.
· Execute End-of-Day Reports, obtain signatures, and file daily.
Manage and maintain accurate medication inventory, and is instrumental in improving pharmacy performance by contributing to inventory evaluation and profit management.
· Balance drug inventory to ensure on-hand availability and drug assortment to meet seasonal requirements and customer needs.
· Maintain accurate daily inventory and complete inventory updates as new products arrive. Contribute to the completion of a semi-annual and annual inventory.
· Complete special orders for customers in a timely manner. Effectively communicate all information and status updates pertaining to orders with the customer.
· Perform routine check for expired medication on a monthly basis. Pull outdated medication for monthly processing.
· Evaluate inventory on-hand quantities, determine items that are over-stocked, and process vendor returns on a weekly basis.
· Actively seek to find the superior vendor for medication to ensure the best pricing, reimbursement, and medication quality. Contribute to inventory goals by effectively communicating all vendor findings and opportunities.
Able to transport supplies weighing up to 20 pounds and from 10 to 15% of work time
Able to handle, position, and inspect small objects primarily with fingers
Positions self to stoop and bend body downward
Visually inspect small parts to ensure accuracy
Working Conditions / Environment
Required to work evenings and weekends (Saturdays Only)
Able to work overtime as defined by the needs of the department
Must pass regular drug screenings
Fulfill initial criminal background screening
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $20.00 /hour