Location: LOC_MAIN-Main Hospital
Req ID: 83413
Employment Status: Regular – Full Time
The Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) is an integral member of the collaborative team responsible for the day to day direct care and follow-up of patients on the Special Delivery Unit and in The Center for Fetal Diagnosis and Treatment. The CNM, in a provider role, assesses and manages the health care of the obstetrical patient population. The CNM provides prenatal, intrapartum, and post-partum care in collaboration or consultation with the attending obstetrician. Experience with first assist for cesarean sections and centering pregnancy preferred. The role includes off-shift responsibility including days, nights, evenings, weekends and holidays in order to provide coverage of both inpatient and outpatient units.
- Antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum care for women and their families expecting to give birth to an infant with a fetal anomaly including surgical first assist for cesarean sections.
- Assess the complex needs of patients.
- Utilize the data to formulate a plan of care.
- Analyze the indications, contraindications, risk of complications and cost-benefit of therapeutic interventions.
- Manage the plan of care through evaluation, modification and documentation according to the patient’s response. Manage changes in condition with a focus on optimizing patient outcomes.
- Incorporate health promotion, health protection and injury prevention measures into the plan of care within the context of the patient and fetal condition
- Serve as an educational resource to patients/families, nursing staff and provider team.
- Acts as a consultant to multidisciplinary health care team members.
- Participate in scholarly activities including research and education.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining required licenses, competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate educational offerings.
- Participate in the professional development of others.
- Demonstrate commitment to patient safety.
- Speaking up about safety issues and changing practice to enhance safety.
- Shares errors or potential errors through system reporting mechanism.
- Demonstrate shared accountability for safe practice.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
ACLS Certification required within 90 days of placement into position
DEA License required within 90 days of placement into position
Prescriptive authority in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania within 90 days of placement into position.
NRP, BLS issued through on organization that requires a hands-on instructor lead psychomotor skills verification (ex. American Heart Association or Red Cross)
RN and CNM License from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Required Education and Experience
- Master’s In Midwifery (MSN with a focus on Midwifery)
- Certificate of graduation from First Assist for Cesarean Section Course
Required Experience: Minimum of two (2) years of midwifery experience
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
- Experience in tertiary care setting.
- First assist surgical training and experience.
- Centering pregnancy experience.
Additional Technical Requirements
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146