Direct Patient Care:
Preparing exam rooms, rooming patients, taking vitals, reviewing charts, providing educational materials, and setting up for procedures.
Collecting and processing specimens, performing testing analysis, documenting and communicating test results, maintaining adequate supplies, and documenting maintenance procedures.
Cleaning & Sterilizing Procedures:
Preparing and sterilizing instruments and equipment, and implementing infection control procedures as needed.
Stocking supplies adequately and timely, reviewing expiration dates on supplies, maintaining adequate inventory of clinic supplies.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program of instruction
- Current Medical Assistant certification (AAMA) or registration (AMT) or certification/registration within 6 months of hire.
- CPR/BLS certification
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, including appropriate use of English grammar and spelling.
- Demonstrated ability to function with multiple priorities and interruptions.
- Computer skills.
- Availability for day-time shifts scheduled between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- At least six months recent (within the last 3 years) experience in a direct patient care setting
- 6 months of EPIC software knowledge and data-entry experience
- Must possess speech, hearing and sight skills to perform the functions of the position.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English proficiently.
- Body mobility – coordinated dexterity of hand, ear and eye, sensory acuity and verbal ability to perform the functions of the position.
- Ability to work walking, standing, and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to lift, carry, bend, reach, squat, kneel on an occasional basis.
- Ability to read, analyze and collect data.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.