Location: Northwestern Medicine Delnor Health & Fitness Center
Type: Full time
Join our team of full-time and part-time staff at Delnor Health & Fitness Center. Our facility is managed by Power Wellness Management, a company that specializes in managing state-of-the-art medically integrated health and fitness centers. Power Wellness is a medical fitness industry pioneer who improves the lives of clients with a unique and customized approach to medical fitness center development and management. Their turnkey method takes away the stress of the development and management process allowing clients to focus on other areas of their business.
This position will be directly responsible for the development, growth and integration of the Center to Provider (C2P) pipeline creating providers that are Next Steps Fitness Programs™ advocates. The Center MI Manager provides center leadership over the Next Steps Fitness Program™ including participant referral, enrollment, programing and collection of outcomes data for reporting purposes. This position will also be responsible for administering and maintaining high quality standards for all aspects of the medically-integrated programs including special population programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Represent the centers Next Steps Fitness Programs™ in the community by hosting events, and attending off-site events such as health fairs, corporate events, and speaking engagements with the intent of sharing program information and producing provider office or employer appointments.
2. Communicating with healthcare provider practices, setting office appointments, conducting educational appointments on the benefits and reasons to refer into the Next Steps Fitness Programs™.
3. Conduct face to face appointments with medical office managers / providers with the intention of educating them on the benefits of referring their patients to Next Steps Fitness Programs™.
4. Track all activity and results with provider interactions in CRM (Power Force).
5. Work with center level staff to create a seamless path for providers to refer their patients into the Next Steps Fitness Program™.
6. Provide leadership, direction and oversight to fitness staff and personal trainers as it relates to medically integrated programs.
7. Oversee, ensure compliance and actively participate with all provider approval and clearance procedures, pre- and post-program assessments and medically-integrated programs.
8. Work collaboratively to develop, implement and maintaining medical referral pathways.
9. Serve as a communications liaison among center and referral sources; serve and/or lead the Medical Advisory Committee.
10. Ensure that all medically integrated program participants are provided an individual exercise program based on assessment results and appropriate communication with referral source
11. Work with center membership team to assist in the transition of participants to membership following completion of program.
12. Achieve volume and financial budget expectations for medical fitness programs.
13. Responsible for providing participant summary reports for the referring healthcare provider and Power Wellness.
14. Have the ability to perform all the duties outlined in the Fitness Specialist and Personal Training job description as needed.
15. Encourage employee professional growth through training, supervision, empowerment, continuous performance management and feedback.
16. Work Manager on Duty shifts as assigned.
17. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university in a health-related, exercise science, kinesiology, or physical education major required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the fitness/wellness industry required, preferably in a fitness facility.
- CPR/AED certification required within 90 days of hire (provided by Power Wellness).
- Nationally recognized NCCA accredited certification required.
- ACSM certification as Exercise Physiologist (EP) or Clinical Exercise Physiologist (CEP) preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, and the ability to work with members in a positive, service-based manner and have executive presentation skill and experience with preferred experience presenting in the medical field.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a controlled and professional demeanor.
- Must be able to travel as necessary
- Proficient computer skills.
We Improve Life By Delivering Excellence In Health, Fitness & Wellness Management.
Integrity * Excellence * Humanity * Passion * Creativity * Humility