OTR (Over the road) CDL CLASS A driver needed preferably with hazmat endorsement.
A minimum of 3 yrs OTR experience needed.
- Transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers.
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform pre-trips and post trips.
- Meet delivery schedules
- Document and log work/rest periods and miles spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
- Input “macros” into our automated system for each stage of the loading and unloading process
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Proven work experience as a over the road CDL CLASS A truck driver
- Hands on experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, AVL units, CB etc)
- Ability to drive long hours and be gone two weeks at a time.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- No recent moving or driving violations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
- Valid CDL CLASS A truck driving license
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,830.00 – $90,907.00 per year
Trucking freight handling:
Type of Freight:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction