ChristianaCare advises that everyone be alert to potential phone, email and text-messaging scams. If you receive a suspicious phone call, text message or email from ChristianaCare that asks you to make a financial transaction or to provide personal information, please visit www.christianacare.org or call 302-327-5555 and ask to speak to someone from the department or service that contacted you.
For additional information about how to avoid scams, visit the Federal Trade Commission Consumer Information website.
ChristianaCare, headquartered in Wilmington, DE, is recruiting for a BC/BE psychiatrist to join the consult service at our Christiana campus located in Newark, DE approximately one hour south of Philadelphia. This is a 906-bed acute care teaching hospital located on a large campus that includes the consult service, established outpatient practice, embedded psychologists in several specialty practices and the Center for Hope and Healing.
- This is a teaching opportunity with ChristianaCare psychiatry residents and medical students.
- You'll be supported by a clinical team of psychiatrists, residents, advanced practice nurses, physician assistants, therapists and case managers.
- Participate in quality improvement projects, committees and department initiatives based upon your interests.
- Excellent work life balance with 1:8 call schedule and generous weekend call pay in addition to base salary and annual incentive bonus.
- BE/BC in psychiatry
- Fellowship trained candidates are preferred
- Eligible for license in Delaware
ChristianaCare, is one of the country's largest health care providers, ranking 24th in the nation for hospital admissions (fiscal year 2019). ChristianaCare is a major teaching hospital with three campuses (1,299 beds) and more than 260 Medical-Dental residents and fellows. ChristianaCare is recognized as a regional center for excellence in cardiology, cancer and women's health services. The system is home to Delaware's only Level I trauma center for adults and children, the only center of its kind between Philadelphia and Baltimore. With more than 12,000 caregivers, ChristianaCare is the largest private employer in Delaware.
Benefits of living in the Delaware Valley:
- You have your choice or housing options in DE, PA, NJ or MD and enjoy reasonable commutes.
- Connected by Amtrak and I95, this region is a hub for excellent restaurants, entertainment and sporting venues, cultural events and some of the nation's best colleges and universities.
- Within 1-3 hours from four international airports.
- Easy drives or a short train ride to Washington, DC, Philadelphia and New York City.
- Two hours from beautiful beaches in Delaware, Maryland and New Jersey and popular skiing resorts in the Pocono Mountains.
- Reasonable cost of living and no DE state sales tax.