The ideal busser is detail oriented, self-motivated and committed to providing outstanding customer service every day.
- Deliver exceptional customer service by quickly and efficiently clearing restaurant tables
- Carry large loads of dishes to kitchen for washing
- Support other areas of the restaurant as necessary, such as setup, cleanup, prep work and equipment maintenance
- Obtain service area assignment at the beginning of each shift.
- Promptly greet guests as they are seated and bring bread, butter and water to table.
- Remove used tableware between courses and provide tableware for next course.
- Clear tables after guests.
- Take soiled tableware to dishroom and unload, sort and stack silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. in designated areas in the soiled dish drop off area.
- Between seatings promptly clean table tops, chairs and booths. Check floor and clean as required. Reset and arrange tabletop.
- Inspect assigned restroom every 30 minutes and clean as needed.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests. Communicate guest requests to server as needed.
- Communicate with server and hostess to assure efficient seating, table utilization and customer service.
- Assist server as needed with food delivery, especially with large parties and during peak periods.
- Thank guests as they are leaving
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.