Arlington County’s Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) is hiring a Business Systems Analyst (BSA) to provide IT application support and business process analysis for the Athletic and Facility Services (AFS) and Community Recreation (CRD) Divisions. The BSA will support the implementation of new and improved technologies and business practices; and provide system administration, end-user support, and training for the RecTrac recreation management system. This position will serve as the main point of contact between AFS and CRD Divisons of DPR and the Department of Technology Services (DTS), but will work with all DPR Divisions to improve the efficiency and effective use of technology .
Specific duties include:
- Extracting and manipulating data within RecTrac using MS Excel to create reports which measure performance and analyze trends in DPR facility usage and program participation;
- Collaborating with all DPR Divisions to migrate to new technologies, such as Microsoft Sharepoint, Microsoft Teams, and One Drive;
- Responding to requests for all IT device issues (e.g. replacements and upgrades);
- Monitoring IT device usage for cost accounting measures; and
- Assisting third party vendors with troubleshooting hardware and software issues with department devices.
The ideal candidate will have effective oral and written skills to provide exceptional customer service; strong time management to plan and complete work independently; and demonstrated experience and an understanding of data analysis.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or a closely related field; and
- One year of systems administration and/or operations experience including providing user support working with business applications.
Substitution: Additional full-time qualifying experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Desirables: Preference may be given to candidates with one or more of the following:
- Administration or advanced user of RecTrac or a comparable recreation management system;
- Use of Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, and One Drive; and
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel to do data analysis.
Work Hours: Regular work hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Flexible arrangements are considered on a case-by-case basis. Occasional hours outside of normal business hours will be required.
An online application is required. Your responses to the supplemental questionnaire are considered part of the selection (or application) process and are required for this position. Please do not give “see resume” as a response to the questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.