Provides the St. Luke’s Hospital Administrator/COO and executive team with business services/revenue cycle/business development updates, projections, financial reports, strategic and tactical plans; carries out operational/strategic objectives, represents the organization within the community and broader health care industry. Actively involved in business development and strategic planning. This position will be making an immediate and direct impact on the productivity, quality, and profitability of St. Luke’s Rehabilitation. Responsible for expense management, and multiple business service projects. Will work in collaboration with Providence Health Care as needed.
Job Specific Performance Responsibilities
All functions are essential functions unless otherwise noted.
- Prepares and monitor budgets, forecasts, and financial plans. Works collaboratively with Hospital Administrator/COO, Finance and Directors to monitor budget variances and works to reduce the variances.
- Monitors and actively seeks ways to improve billing accuracy and turnaround. Establishes and maintains related fee schedules. Monitors reimbursement from insurance carriers to evaluate the performance of the patient finance department and report operational recommendations to improve revenue cycle performance. Monitors reimbursement and patient billing practices for compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Oversees expense allocation to budgeted line items.
- Reports all dashboard metrics related to financial performance and productivity to St. Luke’s Hospital Administrator and executive team on a monthly basis.
- Serves as senior advisor to identify strategic partnership/growth opportunities to enhance St. Luke’s service lines, development of new product offerings and expand regional market share.
- Master’s Degree in Business or accounting.
- Ability to provide leadership to others, taking the lead role in positively influencing others, identifying areas for opportunity and facilitating solutions, and is expected to demonstrate thorough and advanced knowledge and expertise in work areas.
- Strong ability and comfort in relating to senior level health care industry executives in health care systems and industry vendors. Excellent public speaking and writing skills required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of patient privacy rights. Maintains confidentiality of all medical financial or other sensitive materials and information in printed, electronic, or verbal form, which may jeopardize the privacy of patients and/or employees. Accesses and uses the minimum necessary patient identifiable information to perform job responsibilities and duties and only for authorized purposes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of complex business computer platforms and applications.
- Experience with continuous quality improvement or six sigma methodologies.
- Ability to work independently and make sound business decisions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service even under adverse conditions; to make sound decisions.to manage multiple priorities and prioritize; to maintain confidentiality; to maintain close communication with all stakeholders.
- Three years of health care related management experience desired.
- Inpatient Rehabilitation industry experience desired.
Qualified persons of every
race, nation, gender, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, creed welcome.
Job Type: Full-time
- health care accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused