The Business Relations Representative is the initial contact for service and support issues for existing customers. The Business Relations Representative will build and maintain business relationships with customers through multiple communication channels and will be responsible to deliver outstanding customer service in the support of the Company’s products and services. In this role you will develop working relationships with your customers and be empowered to drive resolution for service inquiries or support issues. The Business Relations Representative must be able to respond to customer issues, requests and inquiries in a professional and timely manner. The Business Relations Representative must be able to deliver a strong knowledge of the policies, procedures and practices of the department, company and regulatory agencies. The Business Relations Representative must be able to work with associates within his/her department and across the organization to facilitate action to meet customer specific needs and to achieve optimal customer satisfaction. The Business Relations Representative will promote a positive attitude and feeling of well-being towards coworkers and the Company’s customers. The Business Relations Representative will have a strong knowledge of the product and services that are offered to the Telesystem customers.
The Business Relations Representative reports directly to the Manager, Business Relations.
There are no direct reports to this position.
The Business Relations Representative interfaces with all relevant business units within Telesystem and Buckeye Broadband for the purpose of delivering customer support to commercial customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Business Relations Representative is accountable for the following items:
- Properly handle the incoming calls to the Company using technical and soft skills to deliver an outstanding experience for the customer;
- Manage calls in the queue to meet the expectations and goals set within the department for outstanding call quality, reduced abandoned calls, reduction of average speed of answer,
- Coordinate and manage customer support requests using critical thinking to analyze the urgency and priority of the request, set realistic expectations with the customer, assign tickets to the department most suited to handle the ticket request, and provide follow up communication on closed tickets for the purpose of improving the customer experience.
- Provide administrative programming support for hosted products, including, but not limited to Hosted Stations, Voicemail, Auto-Attendants, where basic programming changes are requested and can be completed with one-call resolution.
- Submit orders for changes such as disconnects, upgrades, adding new services for existing customer accounts as required;
- Understand the Company tariffs and procedures with regards to telecommunications services;
- Participate in the process of training and educating members of the team for the growth and development of all team members;
- Prioritize effectively by assessing what actions create the highest value to the Company and to the customer;
- Deliver confidence and knowledge when discussing products, pricing, support for products sold within the Company;
- Act to expediently address customer requests, gather necessary facts, and determine correct solution for resolution of customer’s request, while keeping the customer informed of the progress and time needed for completion of request;
- Process payments and provide billing inquiry support;
- Track and report the progress of customer inquiries and problem reports;
- Follow up with customers after installation to validate satisfaction with the completed orders;
- Provide product feature education on Hosted Products, including but not limited to: Hosted Stations, Voicemail and Auto Attendants as requested by customer;
- Complete diagnostic testing of third party carrier business line services, with the ability to analyze and interpret the results; take action to issue third party tickets and provide customers with realistic timelines for dispatch and repair of third party carrier business line services.
- Maintain and archive all original account information for Telesystem;
- Create and research cases related to billing, credits, customer complaints, external vendor invoices, and other related requests assigned within the scope of the job function;
- Accept projects or assignments that are chosen for the benefit of the department and the overall contribution to the Company’s growth and development;
- Respond to all internal/external correspondence including email and any written correspondence requests;
- Perform audits of processed orders or billing information at the account level;
- Participate in the creation of departmental processes and procedural documentation;
- Ensure the compliance of CPNI rules at all times;
- Perform any miscellaneous department duties as needed;
Education and Experience
- Associates degree with a major in business, IT or technology
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a customer service call center — required
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in the field of commercial telephony — strongly preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent – required
- Experience with SalesForce CRM software – preferred
- Experience with MS Office 2007, Word, Excel – required
- Agile – Embraces change; adaptable and flexible; sense of urgency;
- Innovative – Uses critical thinking; Creativity; Continuous learning; Challenges the status quo;
- Customer Focused – External/Internal; Creates the exceptional customer experience; demonstrates a sales and service mentality;
- Collaborative – Teamwork, Proactive knowledge sharing, Constructive Conflict;
- Accountable – See it, Own it, Solve it, Do it; Hold each other accountable.
Job Specific Competencies
- Delivers Results – Strategic Planning & Execution; Makes decisions in the best interest of the Company; Knows and responds to business climate; Manages ambiguity
- Displays Leadership: Role model; Communicates vision; demonstrates Emotional Maturity; Manages Risks; Resilient; demonstrates Business Acumen.
- Demonstrate superior communication skills: both verbal and written;
- Ability to recognize needs and initiate resolutions to same needs with little or no supervision
- Ability to provide support to requests that are generally unstructured and require use of conceptual thinking skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work with both internal and external customers in a professional and proactive manner
- Strong attention to detail in creating orders, documentation, writing processes, and in ticket assignments associated with service issues
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, multitask, and produce creative, quality results under pressure
- Superior telephone etiquette
Other Skills and Requirements
- Software applications: MS Office, CARE Clearinghouse Service/System, and any Commercial Telephony based Billing System (Product Knowledge)
- Understands Workflow Principles (Innovative)
- Demonstrates problem solving ability (Accountable)
- Demonstrates good organizational skills (Accountable)
- Demonstrates careful attention to detail (Accountable)
- Background record that meets Company standards;
- Reliable means of transportation at all times;
- Present professional appearance and demeanor;
- Valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company standards at all times.
- The Business Relations Representative is a full-time non-exempt position.
- The regular working hours for the Full Time Telesystem Business Representative are 40 hours per week. Overtime may be assigned by the Manager to support weekend or holiday coverage, on occasion.
- The current call center hours are 7:00am through 7:00pm, Monday – Friday. These hours are subject to change based on the business requirements of the Company.
- The Business Relations Representative works in an automated business office environment.
- The Company is a drug-free workplace. All employees are required to adhere to the Company’s drug-free workplace programs and policies. Pre-employment testing is mandatory along with random testing throughout continued employment.
- The duties assigned and the role associated with this position, are subject to change as the needs of the company change.
USE OF COMPANY RESOURCES, EQUIPMENT AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
Company resources, equipment, and information are provided to employees to facilitate work. They may not be used for purposes other than work without proper authorization. Any unauthorized use of Company resources, equipment, or information is strictly prohibited. Any unauthorized use of customer data or any other company information gained via any company resource is a breach of confidentiality and is strictly prohibited. Any unauthorized use of company resources, equipment information, and/or breaches of confidentiality may be cause for termination of employment.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Telesystem is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).