To be considered for this position, please follow this link and complete our Employee Assessment!
The Business Office Manager is directly involved in the maintenance of accurate and complete census information, billing and resident accounts receivable statements. This individual will act as the facility liaison with the third-party billing company. The Business Office Manager is a key and visible ancillary staff member working directly with all residents, families, and employees.
- First level accounting, or basic bookkeeping course or prior long term care bookkeeping experience is strongly preferred.
- Absolute and complete professionalism and confidentiality continually maintained.
- Must possess exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteers, and other facility staff.
- A special interest in working with long term residents and the elderly is preferred.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Working knowledge of office machines, such as copiers, scanners, faxes, phone systems, etc.
- General computer literacy and good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and Google
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Must attend and participate in continuing education programs and all mandatory in-services;
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability;
Census and Accounts Receivable:
- Provides necessary information as requested by the home office for adequate billing.
- Be a dedicated member of the Admissions Team, provide payer verification and pre-cert insurance when appropriate, and provide necessary ancillary support as per protocols;
- Prepare cash and check deposits assuring deposit logs are accurate and submitted to third party billing company in a timely fashion. Assure copies of all checks received are made and maintained;
- Responsible for the timely collection of all Private accounts and follows up daily with slow payers, initiating collection actions with the assistance of the Home Office;
- Respond to all demand bills in an appropriate time frame, and ensure that correct notices are issued to responsible parties regarding any payer changes, cut letters, ABN’s, etc.;
- Maintain resident financial files to include all items as provided by Home Office, appropriately signed and neatly filed;
- Assist Social Services in any applications for Medicaid;
- Assists residents with any adjustments to their insurance, and ensuring all resource funds are direct deposited to company’s account when required or appropriate;
- Assist Social Services in submission of all appropriate information to County agencies, including 9401’s, and the like;
- Maintain close and professional working relationship with County case worker where appropriate;
- Assist in data collection for any facility related audits.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.