Our Washington DC office has multiple opportunities available for experienced immigration paralegals to join their expanding team! The immigration practice group employs over 73 immigration attorneys and over 124 paraprofessionals.
Ogletree Deakins is one of the largest labor and employment law firms representing management in all types of employment-related legal matters. The firm has 850 lawyers located in 53 offices across the United States, in Europe, Canada and in Mexico. Ogletree has one of the largest Business Immigration practices in the United States and provides a wide range of legal services for employers seeking temporary business visas and permanent residence on behalf of foreign national employees. We provide comprehensive immigration services to clients of all sizes, including numerous Fortune 500 companies.
We are fully committed to the importance of diversity within the legal profession, as well as all workplace environments and strongly encourage the interest of diverse candidates in the firm.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Summary of Position:
Preparation and filing of petitions, H-1B visa applications and labor certification applications in addition to L-1 intracompany transfer petitions. Compiles and analyzes case facts, drafts correspondence, maintains and organizes client documentation. Maintains direct contact with multiple attorneys.
- 3+ years of experience as paralegal in a business immigration practice.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, or a paralegal certificate from an ABA approved program.
- Strong proficiency with MS Word, Outlook, INS Zoom, and a document management system.
- Successful candidates will possess strong writing skills, have excellent attention to detail, be able to multi-task and work independently toward team goals.
- Outstanding case/project management and organizational skills are required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and work well in a team environment.
Ogletree Deakins offers a robust suite of benefits for our Staff including: Paid Time Off, Sick Time, a 401(k) matching program, Profit Sharing, 9 Paid Holidays, affordable Health and Life Insurance including Dental & Vision coverage, Health Savings Account (HSA)/Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) to help offset the cost of dependent care and/or health care expenses, Teladoc (24/7 access to a doctor by phone or online video), Tuition Reimbursement and an EAP.
We are not working with outside recruiters for this position.
To apply for this position, please submit your application through the blue “APPLY NOW” button at the top of the page.
If you have any questions about this opportunity or want to follow up on your application, please reach out to Monique Hampton at [email protected] with “WASHINGTON Immigration Paralegal” in the subject line.
To keep up to date with all of our opportunities, follow us on Twitter @JobsAtOgletree