Named one of the Best Places to Work in Maine for 4 years in a row, Certify is disrupting the world of expense management with a simple and innovative cloud-based solution that’s scalable for companies of every size and industry. We offer all the energy and opportunity of a startup, plus the strength and stability of a revenue-positive industry leader. For professionals in technical, sales, marketing or administrative roles, Certify is the place to bring your talents and truly love what you do for a lifetime.
The Business Development Representative is responsible for prospecting, qualifying and generating new Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) to support Certify, Inc.’s team of Sales Executives and Managers.
- Nurture and prospect warm business leads through phone, email and various outreach programs
- Research and uncover information on organizations that have shown interest in Certify’s software by uncovering and reporting on key pieces of data
- Identify gatekeepers, influencers and decision makers within organizations while determining the level of interest and project timelines
- Build and cultivate B2B relationships by initiating communications and following up on inbound leads
- Manage data for new and prospective clients, set tasks, record activity and manage lead pipeline within SalesForce.com
- Work with Lead Generation Manager, Sales Managers and VP of Sales and Marketing to develop and grow the sales pipeline
- Required Hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- A college degree is preferred but not required
- 1+ years’ experience in an office, corporate, or B2B sales setting or commensurate experience conducting business via email and phone
- Working knowledge of SalesForce and Pardot preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and mobile internet applications
- Experience with telephone sales calls, techniques, and etiquette within a professional B2B market
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with team members
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple time-sensitive leads
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you’re looking to make a dynamic move to build a career and join a fast-paced, exciting organization, that runs on clarity and trust, send us your resume, cover letter and salary expectations today.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Certify is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, or any other classification protected by law. However, due to the volume of resumes received, only those of you selected for interviews will be contacted.