What you’ll be doing…
Join a team of talented, passionate professionals dedicated to solving the on-going problems of traffic congestion, safety, and equitable transportation through a broad suite of solutions that leverage the power of the Verizon communications infrastructure. This role will have ownership of business success for Verizon’s smart mobility vertical and will be responsible to drive business, with a focus on state/local government and select enterprise customers within a select geographic market. The Business Development Manager – Smart Mobility/Transportation will develop strategic solution and channel partnerships as well as drive direct sales activities with target customers. This role will guide Verizon go-to-market activities in strong partnership with Product Management, Product Marketing, Government Affairs, and regional and national field sales organizations within Verizon. S/he will act as the primary voice of the customer and will be communicating requirements, feedback, etc. to the product management teams and will also serve as a subject matter expert to assist field sales teams in designing and executing account and opportunity capture strategies.
- Drive overarching business development and sales activities for the Smart Mobility vertical.
- Develop and execute on comprehensive sales and go to market strategy, defining solutions, target customer segments, target accounts, and routes to market.
- Develop deep relationships with state and local government customers as their trusted advisor.
- Develop relationships with regional and national partners to complement solution offerings and jointly go to market. This is including, but not limited to, solution providers in the transportation, mobility, and traffic management space as well as consultants specializing in the built environment, transportation, and mobility industries.
- Train, enable, and jointly sell with Verizon regional and local sales teams to act as a force multiplier, accelerating sales activity in select region/s.
- Represent sales and the voice of the customer to Product Management, Product Marketing, Operations and other internal stakeholders.
- Develop, maintain, and share a keen understanding of buyers, their needs, their influencers, and broader market dynamics in the transportation and mobility space.
- Pursue creative sources of funding, including grants, public private partnerships, and other financing mechanisms.
Lead deal pursuit through industry-standard buying/procurement processes, including unsolicited proposals, sole source justification, and RFI/RFQ/RFP etc
What we’re looking for…
Requirements and Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in a complex enterprise solution sales environment with a strong preference for experience selling to the public sector. This includes cities, counties, departments, and transportation agencies.
- Experience selling complex solutions or services – cloud, SaaS, IOT, security, and professional services
Domain expertise in one or a number of the following:
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
- Data analytics for traffic operations and/or transportation planning
- Solutions for traffic congestion and safety
- Connected and autonomous vehicles
- Parking solutions
- Fleet operations
- Consultative sales experience a big plus, including tenure at consulting firms, having driven smart cities or mobility type engagements. Understanding how to position the right solutions to address a customer’s priorities and pain points will be key.
- Experience developing and managing strategic partnerships or channel sales relationships
- Ability to thrive in a start-up like environment that is part of a larger corporate entity with a matrixed organization and multiple stakeholders.
- Professional presentation and communication skills to address all levels within customer organization including executive directors, department heads, planners, and operational staff.
- Ability to create excellent working relationships with diverse teams and job functions throughout the organization.
Education: MBA preferred, degree in engineering or related discipline with strong technology and analytical skills.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.