AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
The Brokerage Business Development Manager will seek and identify sales leads and pitch goods or services to new clients within a brokerage environment. This person will build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiates, and close business deals while maintaining knowledge of current market conditions.
- Will place high volume of outbound phone calls daily.
- Will generate and develop new business opportunities.
- Negotiate and build long-term relationships over the telephone with contacts.
- Make professional decisions in fast paced environment balancing time, service standards, and profitability while impressing clients.
- Will work individually but be able to play on the team and be willing to assist others while multi-tasking.
- Must be able to provide clients and team members clear, concise updates on the status of shipments.
- Grow a profitable book of business.
- Bachelor degree preferred but not required.
- Two years preferred experience within in the industry.
- Must be a fluent communicator in person, telephone, and e-mail.
- Taking role must not violate a non-compete/solicit agreement.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office products.
- Must be coach-able.