The Firm is currently recruiting for a Business Development Coordinator to be based in our New York office. This role will support the Firm’s intellectual property & technology practice, including associated sub-practice areas and sectors. The coordinator will liaise closely with team members from the business development and marketing department to facilitate various projects and initiatives to drive the development of new business. An ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal communication, attention to detail, time management and problem solving skills. They must be able to be self-motivated while working in a team environment to drive forward numerous deadline-driven projects. This role will report to the practice group business development manager.
- Provide support in the creation, preparation and coordination of RFPs/proposals/pitches for new business development opportunities.
- Maintain practice marketing materials and collateral.
- Oversee the production of the practice group’s client alerts, newsletters and related external client announcements.
- Assist with collecting information and preparing drafts for Chambers USA and other rankings and directories submissions.
- Compile and track practice matter experience in firm’s global credential database.
- Draft new lawyer bios and update existing lawyer bios with new content, including matters and awards/rankings.
- Assist with conferences, sponsorships and other events and coordinate with lawyers and others to provide required materials.
- Provide assistance for research projects, including client, industry and competitive intelligence and compile research reports for business development opportunities.
- Support the development of PowerPoint and other types of presentations and exhibits for lawyers’ speaking engagements.
- Work with brand team to create advertisements.
- Collect and maintain information regarding business development plans and budgets.
- Coordinate and track status of various business development initiatives.
- Other duties as may be assigned to fully meet the requirements of the position.
Experience & Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 2-3 years of marketing and/or business development experience is required; professional services industry or previous law firm experience preferred.
- The ideal candidate will be a results-oriented, self-motivated individual with the demonstrated ability to prioritize, juggle multiple assignments and function as part of a cohesive team.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills with an attention to detail and organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Dentons offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to local ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.