We are currently seeking qualified, motivated talent to be responsible for the Physical Security and Business Continuity Offshore Delivery Center standards. Responsible for reviewing business continuity and disaster response plans to facilitate the recovery of specific critical processes and applications in the event of a significant business disruption managed by the Offshore Delivery Centers. Coordinates with the Business Units to ensure BC/DR testing/exercises are conducted by the vendors. Develops reporting results from the vendor’s Business Continuity testing/exercises and monitors and tracks recommendations for enhancements and updates.
- Reviews and advises on Physical Security standards which includes but not limited to: access control, security equipment and guard requirements.
- Provides subject matter guidance to implement policies, procedures and/or controls
- Analyzes Business Impact Analysis (BIA) data and ensures that Business Units update and or make the appropriate changes to their BC and DR plans as required by the BIA for the offshore vendors.
- Performs risk analysis for business areas to identify points of vulnerability and recommend crisis business disruptions and reduction strategies.
- Provides guidance to Third Party Risk Management, Right Shoring Program Office, vendors, and business units and drives the coordination of updating the business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Establishes recovery testing methodologies; plans and coordinates the testing of recovery support and business resumption procedures in different functional areas to ensure the recovery procedures are effective.
- Conducts business continuity and disaster recovery training for stakeholders in in the development or maintenance of their Business Continuity Plans and recovery strategies.
- Develops emergency response and crisis management procedures; publishes and updates procedures to reflect changes in staff, location, and organization.
- Assists recovery support and business resumption staff during a crisis in the implementation of response and business resumption and operating strategies.
Other Job Duties
- Work with Offshore Delivery Center vendors to conduct vendor assessment, provide required support during negotiations and development of contract proposals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior BC/DR and/or Physical Security relevant experience.
- Good knowledge of corporate organization and the ability to develop a clear understanding of the bank’s key functional processes and resources.
- Good knowledge of general business procedures in order to assist in the preparation of recovery procedures and physical security requirements.
- Good knowledge and understanding of current disaster recovery planning techniques and technologies as well as methods used in performing risk and business impact analyses.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer – Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.