This is an environment unlike anything in the high-tech world and the secret of Costco’s success is its culture. The value Costco puts on its employees is well documented in articles from a variety of publishers including Bloomberg and Forbes. Our employees and our members come FIRST. Costco is well known for its generosity and community service and has won many awards for its philanthropy. The company joins with its employees to take an active role in volunteering by sponsoring many opportunities to help others. In 2018, Costco contributed over $39 million to organizations such as United Way and Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
Costco IT is responsible for the technical future of Costco Wholesale, the second largest retailer in the world with wholesale operations in twelve countries. Despite our size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family, employee centric atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. As proof, Costco consistently ranks in the top five of Forbes “America’s Best Employers”.
The Warehouse Management Software (WMS) Business Analyst is the liaison and primary point of contact between the Distribution business areas and Information Systems (IS). This person will be responsible for consulting with the business areas to capture, prioritize, and justify technology needs and issues, and facilitate the delivery of solutions. This includes partnering with Project Managers to define project scope and initiate projects, and owning the process of turning business needs into software requirements and specifications. This person will coordinate with other IS teams to ensure requirements are accurately addressed in all aspects of technical delivery. They will also partner with the business areas to roll new systems, enhancements, and technologies out to business users. The person in this role will also participate in other activities including developing business architectures and strategies, business case development and trade-off analysis, business level configuration of Warehouse Management Software, data query and analysis, and providing leadership for small initiatives.
If you want to be a part of one of the BEST “to work for” companies in the world, simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
- Acts as primary business liaison to IS for understanding and addressing business questions, issues, and needs.
- Understands and represents business operational needs and processes to IS.
- Develops business architectures, objectives, and strategies.
- Gathers and prioritizes business needs, including building business cases and facilitating trade-off decisions.
- Partners with Project Managers to initiate projects and develop and manage solution scope.
- Facilitates meetings and work sessions to gather and validate requirements.
- Develops and documents functional requirements (requirements, process models, and use cases/user stories).
- Partners with Developers, User Interface Designers, etc. to develop functional designs.
- Performs business level configuration of Warehouse Management System software (Manhattan and/or JDA).
- Ensures business requirements are met in all aspects of technical delivery, including Development and QA.
- Facilitates business acceptance of technical solutions.
- Facilitates the rollout of technology solutions to the business areas.
- Facilitates resolutions to system issues.
- Participates in business process improvement, transformation, and change management.
- 5-7 years’ experience in Business and/or functional analysis.
- Deep understanding of business requirements elicitation for programs and projects.
- Proficient in requirements elicitation, business modeling, and project scoping.
- Expertise in utilizing standard documentation tools/utilities.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to effectively troubleshoot and provide solutions.
- Business and/or IS experience in Retail Supply Chain (Buying/Merchandising, Traffic, Distribution/Fulfillment, Returns).
- Experience configuring packaged Warehouse Management software (JDA and/or Manhattan preferred).
- Experience leading small initiatives.
- Experience working in Agile software delivery methodologies.
- Data query and analysis experience.