Comp: Salary + Bonus DOE, Full time
Location: Summerland, CA
Company Overview: Headwaters is a leading supplier of bulk cannabis focused on cultivation, bulk commodity distribution, and consumer goods in California. Guided by the principles of sustainable agriculture and a commitment to transparency. With Headwaters product, you can trust that it does right by you, the environment, and the community.
Run by cannabis innovators with business and agricultural knowledge, Headwaters is proud to be leading the industry towards a sustainable future. At Headwaters, every decision we make—from production strategy to design—is guided by our three core values: Environmental Awareness, Community Partnership, and Personal Well-Being.
The Business Analyst position will support the Director of Sourcing with financial planning, analysis, and reporting for Headwater’s trading business. This involves interaction with the Sales, Sourcing, and Supply Chain department budget managers. A key skill of this role will be to build cross-departmental relationships to help create better alignment in planning, analysis, and reporting of Indirect Costs, Gross Margins, Sales trends & True COGS. This role supports to the Director of Sourcing through the administration of multiple planning and analysis applications that help ensure financial transparency to all departments in the Trading business.
Month End Closing
- Assists in the monthly sales & sourcing data for live ticker.
- Ensures accuracy on monthly budget vs. actuals for costs.
- Ensures accuracy on incentive programs for Sales & Sourcing teams.
- Assist in reconciling all financial obligations with the Trading department such as monthly payments to internal partner farms and financial partners.
Reporting & Analysis
- Supports all directors in preparation and continuous development of the management reporting package.
- Prepares and distributes a detailed monthly report including comments at the trading level using Flourish, Copper, Google Sheets, & Quickbooks.
- Reports actual figures versus the latest plan with full and detailed analysis of results and high-quality reporting to business owners.
- Identifies and manages all financial risks which are identifiable in monthly trends and which require management action.
- Calculates/reports the major KPIs (e.g. inventory value, inventory reorder points, inventory turns, slow-moving inventory, high/low margin grades) .
- Integrate multiple sources of data into understandable data using charts and visuals for the Sales, Sourcing, and Supply Chain teams.
- Sourcing and Sales analysis (e.g. margin & volume).
- Service reporting for Sourcing & Supply Chain to ensure cost structures.
Planning & Forecasting
- Assist in the Trading Business Supply & Demand planning.
- Coordinates timings and input needed during the budget process.
- Aggregates/consolidates the individual plans to a total plan.
- Support and challenges the budget owners during the planning process.
- Assists Director of Sourcing/Sales in managing any variances to the agreed-upon Sales and Sourcing targets.
- Ensure costs are properly loaded into control systems.
The candidate must have
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, IT, Information Systems, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 1-3 years of experience as a financial/business analyst.
- Skilled with MS Excel, Google Sheets, and Powerpoint.
- Strong communication skills and highly organized.
- Ability to work across multiple functions autonomously.
- Ability to convert analysis into insights.
- Distribution experience.
- Understand sales drivers and connections between data and sales/sourcing execution.
- Numerical and analytical solutions to complex problems.
- Machine learning and data mining methods.
- Optimization and data management methods
The Ideal Candidate
- Driven, motivated and passionate about life inside and outside of work.
- Focused on creating solutions, growth and systems in a startup environment.
- Able to creatively problem solve and remain calm under challenging conditions.
- Strong business acumen.
Headwaters provides equal employment opportunities for team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We hire and promote individuals based on their qualifications for the position to be filled. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.