KeyLogic Systems is seeking an experienced IT Governance professional. The Business Analyst I will support the management consulting activities alongside the project/program manager, technical staff, and federal client for Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) at The Department Of Labor (DOL). The position requires an ability to take initiative and a willingness to work in a flexible, fast-paced environment.
- Oversight of the Department’s IT investment portfolio in accordance with OMB Circular A-130, Management of Federal Information Resources.
- Conduct Select-Control-Evaluate reviews of the Department’s IT investments by performing analysis of cost, schedule, and performance and adherence to CPIC reporting requirements.
- Support the Department’s IT budget process by evaluating IT budget requests, Major IT Business Cases, Standard Investments and the IT Portfolio Summary in accordance with annual DOL and OMB guidance.
- Support the Department’s IT Governance Process, providing analysis on the IT Portfolio to inform Executive investment decisions.
- Update and maintain DOL templates/tools/guides to assist federal project managers in meeting internal and external reporting CPIC requirements.
- Support on-going process improvement and provide anticipatory service to the federal client.
- Assist group facilitation, communications, training, and other forms of knowledge transfer.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least 3 years of experience providing internal/external consulting services to management and/or technical staff in managing IT projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to a diverse group of team members, stakeholders, and senior leadership.
- Experience in data analysis and report design/development.
- Knowledge of the Select, Control, and Evaluate phases of the CPIC process.
- Knowledge of IT capital planning processes such as System Development Life Cycle Management (SDLCM), Earned Value Management, cost benefit analyses, risk management, and investment management.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required. MS Project desired.
- Experience with eCPIC desired but not required.
- PMP certification desired but not required.
- Experience with Tableau desired but not required.