- Bachelor’s: Computer Science or Health Information Technology
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Knowledge of clinical terminologies such as SNOMED, LOINC, RxNorm and ICD-10
- Knowledge of interfaces/data sharing standards such as HL7, FHIR and IHE
- Demonstrated ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources
- Demonstrated ability to produce requirements documents, develop use cases and process flow charts, create presentations, and to capture, track and report statistical data
- At least 2 years of experience on healthcare related projects developing and documenting technical requirements based on business requirements using interviews, document analysis, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Proven ability to interact directly with clients and effectively understand needs while managing expectations
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical team members
- Proven ability to effectively work both independently and within a team
Altarum Institute (Altarum) is a nonprofit organization headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Altarum serves the public good by solving complex systems problems to improve human health. Altarum creates and implements solutions to advance health among vulnerable and publicly-insured populations. Public sector clients include the U.S. Department of Defense, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Agriculture, Department of Veterans Affairs, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and various state agencies nationwide. Altarum also serves clients in the philanthropic and private sectors. Areas of expertise include health data and analytics; value-based care; public health systems design, development and information exchange; behavioral health and substance use disorders; childhood and adolescent health; medical education; food and nutrition; consumer engagement; elder care; health disparities and equity; and military and veterans’ health.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.