Under general supervision, studies business processes, analyzes and documents data needs, creates specifications, and recommends solutions to improve processes and systems. Tracks process improvement activities and assists with budget administration and special studies.
Monitors operational impact of management decisions based on analytics presented, charts changes, and prepares updated reports. Participates in the preparation of budgets and financial plans, and monitors financial performance against budget. Assists management in researching and revising processes and procedures.
Supports Supply Chain by querying and reviewing data from various sources. Analyzes data using standard statistical methods, prepares narrative analysis and conclusions, and compiles reports and summaries for use by management in making informed business decisions.
Creates management reporting that measure metrics having the greatest impact on Supply Chain operations. Reports the status of performance metric efforts and impacts. Creates spreadsheets, graphs, and charts to illustrate operational trends and forecast situational outcomes. Creates cost benefits analysis reports for management to use in evaluating Supply Chain.
Monitors inventory targets (including safety stock levels) approved by management to ensure parts delivery timelines are met and there is no depletion in supply.
Reviews on-hand quantities versus actual usage reports to provide recommendations on inventory adjustments and inventory demand changes.
Applies up to date forecasting techniques, methods and approaches to assist in design of and generates weekly and monthly statistical forecast reports.
Assists the Supply Chain in designing procedures and interfaces to better view, analyze, process, and utilize data. Assists in the implementation of Supply Chain policies, procedures, or tools to facilitate project management activities. Researches, develops, and writes technical documentation including: standard operating procedures, protocols, and quality and performance metric standards, etc.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Reporting to this position are the following jobs:
- Synthesizing large amounts of data into meaningful results from numerous sources.
- Identifying and satisfying data needs and continuously improving processes and procedures.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information and Decision Sciences (MIS), Engineering, Statistics or a related field, plus one (1) year of related experience or an equivalent combination of training and education experience.
- Financial, data analysis or report creation experience preferred.
- Previous experience with government accounting and budgeting methodologies preferred.
- Requires sitting for extended periods of time, standing, visual acumen, manual dexterity, and fingering for working with computer key boards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of business analysis standards and processes.
- Working knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Working knowledge of financial, data, and statistical analysis.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, specifically a proven ability to clearly and effectively communicate business and technical information.
- Strong organization, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite Skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders, to include senior management, project managers, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to work well in a self-directed environment.
- General office environment.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, AND MATERIALS UTILIZED
- Standard office equipment.
- Computers, Microsoft Office Suite.
Please note, employees and/or union members will be given priority consideration in the hiring process, per the applicable labor contracts.
Final salary will be determined in part by the qualifications of the selected candidate and may be higher or lower than target.
Applicants, if hired,must comply with CTA's residency ordinance.
CTA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, unfavorable military discharge, disability or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws; except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our workforce and supporting the communities we serve. CTA will make reasonable accommodations for the known disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants for employment as well as its employees, unless undue hardship would result. If you require an accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact [email protected] prior to the submission of your application or upon notification of your actual test date. CTA will work with you to determine if an accommodation can be provided.
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Chicago
Job Posting: Feb 5, 2021, 8:34:32 AM
Position Type: Full-time Permanent (FTP)