Business Analyst (BA)
Seeking a talented, motivated Business Analyst to help explore possibilities and make recommendations on consolidatingenterprise database/applications hosting (Oracle and PeopleSoft CampusSolutions) across its campuses. Willwork as part of an agile team to quickly evaluate the current state, establisha vision, and outline options and business cases to most effectively realizethe vision.
Prepares solution options, riskidentification, and financial analyses such as cost/benefit, ROI, etc. Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates businesssystems and user needs. Designs andmanages data collection instruments to capture the current state and maintainsthe associated documentation. Contributes as a team member to the overall vision of the futuresolution.
Experienced with business processre-engineering and identifying new applications of technology to businessproblems to make business more effective. Familiar with industry standards, current and emerging technologies, andbusiness process mapping, and re-engineering.
Skills and Competencies
- HandleAmbiguity – Must be able to handle conflicting needs/input and lack ofclear direction and specificity to methodically arrive at a successful outcome.
- Communication– Must be able to effectively communicate with a wide variety of audiences.Must communicate ideas clearly and concisely in written documents (graphics ortext) and present these coherently and logically.
- Teamwork– Must be able to work well as a member of a team and help drive the teamtoward a successful outcome.
- AnalyticalThinking – Must be able to analyze business proposals/plans, and toidentify the applicable architectural solution to address these, bearing inmind the aspects of cost management and risk management.
- ProjectManagement – Must understand the basic principles of project management andassist project managers in laying out the plans, tracking completion, andkeeping documentation/artifacts. Must beable to work in agile, waterfall, and hybrid methodologies.
- DataSavvy – Must be data literate and understand the principles for moving, combining,integrating, and transforming data for a variety of business purposes.
- TechnicalSavvy – Must understand basic the technology concepts such as client/server,relational databases, web services, on-premise vs. cloud, and dataintegrations.
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree inComputer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalentwork experience. 5 to 10 years of IT work experience in multiple IT areas. Domain knowledge of higher education desired,but not required.