Aon is looking for a Broker
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Financial Services business group within Aon, in New York City. As a Broker, you will report directly to a Team Leader of the Financial Services Group.
Your impact as a Broker
- The primary function is to assist senior team members with the marketing of placements.
- Works closely with Producers, Account Executives and other members of the client facing team to understand client’s needs.
- With minimal guidance and supervision, identifies and analyzes client exposures and determines which markets to utilize, ensuring thorough evaluation of qualified companies in the marketplace.
- Provides alternative options and/or design risk transfer/financing products for presentation to the client.
- Ensure that placements are handled correctly and on time
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of management liability insurance marketplace, products and services.
- Develop productive business relationships with key insurance underwriters and Aon local office teams
- Coordinate activities with other internal units as required to meet customer needs.
- Present to account executives, participate in RFPs, occasional client meetings and conference calls.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Typically, at least 1-3 years of broking or underwriter experience with a concentration on Directors & Officers Liability, Employment Practices, Fiduciary, Crime and Special Risk is preferred.
- Very good negotiations skills. Good working knowledge of finance, general legal concepts and risk consultation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and organization skills
- Proficiency in PC office products such as Word, Excel. Power Point and Outlook is required.
- Evidence of ability to become proficient in the use of Aon specific software tools and create innovative solutions.
- Sales experience preferred and finance background a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in required.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.