We are looking for more than just an employee, we are looking for a true team member dedicated to enhancing the member experience! Come join the credit union movement and Discover Banking With Heart at NIHFCU!
At NIHFCU, one of our core values is investing in our employees, which is why we offer perks like these:
- Benefit Package for all Full time employees includes health, dental, vision, Life insurance benefits
- 401(K) and profit sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Career Advancement and development
- Credit Union Membership with discounted services and products
Responsible for: Effective planning and operation of a full service branch with direct supervision of Branch Employees (space limitations are considered). Responsible for a broad range of administrative, Member Service, and service delivery responsibilities in a full-service branch to include internal and external members. Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to represent the credit union in a courteous, professional manner. Responsible for professional development and per person productivity growth among employees who work together to achieve and exceed Branch and Corporate monthly and annual sales goals.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs the operation of a full service branch to ensure a trained, motivated, professional staff is capable of providing efficient, quality service to members.
- Lead in consistently adhering to Operational Procedures, Controls and in maintaining Service Levels consistent with NIHFCU standards. Meet sales goals as assigned.
- Responsible for building a member base and integrating NIHFCU into the community.
- Participates in local Chamber of Commerce and other networking groups to build NIHFCU brand in the community.
- Drives business development through ongoing activities, leads in-branch sales, and manages the team’s goals and achievements.
- Monitor and work within approved budget.
- Take reasonable risks and accept appropriate consequences in decision-making authority.
- Assist in developing Branch Administration policies and procedures as assigned
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, cross training, evaluating, counseling, recommending discharge to the Regional Manager.
- Responsible for timely completion of Performance Reviews.
- Schedule and maintain needed staffing levels; arrange resources and workloads to ensure efficiency and productivity.
- Responsible for approval within established authority limits (cashier’s check, wires fee refunds, etc.)Branch Operations:
- Provides for the proper security, maintenance, and cleanliness of the office; supervises the opening and closing of the branch and vault; makes necessary provisions for the securing and accounting of negotiable items.
- Maintains records and prepares required monthly reports.
- Responsible for the daily operation of the branch to include but not limited to Vault, ATM, CDM/TCD responsibilities, Auditing, Balancing, etc. and following appropriate policies and procedures as required by NIHFCU, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
- Within Loan Authority limits, qualifies, approvals, denies or counter-offers loans within NIHFCU guidelines; refer loan applications outside of established limits for approval; is able to justify decision to both management and the member.
- Responsible for investigating loan applicants by ordering credit reports, analyzing the information provided, verifying information with creditors, the applicant and the applicant employer.
- Knowledge and ability to explain general lending policies and practices with the use of lending software.
- Interview loan applicants, gather and input required information for credit application, explain loan options, rates, and collateral requirements and disburse loans upon approval.
- Inform Members of loan decision; discuss loan alternatives.
- Ensure that all loan documents are completed before approving or processing the loan request; responsible for performing identity, security and validation checks.
- Reviews loan packages to ensure that all loan documentation is forwarded to the member’s file, must also ensure that all policies and procedures of NIHFCU are followed.
Sales and Referrals:
- Meet established Sales, Referral Goals, and other initiatives as assigned.
- Makes “outside” sales and customer service calls on present and prospective members within the branch’s market area.
- Promote features and benefits of Credit Union’s products and services through On-Site visits to educate existing and potential members.
- Direct all operational aspects of a Sales Culture in a manner that supports profitability goals.
- Attend/set-up and run marketing event tables at onsite events such as Employee Orientations, Benefits Fairs, etc.
- Act as liaison between designated TIP group region and NIHFCU Management.
- Research information and analyze problems effectively. Determines viable options to solve Member issues and choose the best course of action.
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Investigate, resolve, and respond to member inquiries in writing or by phone. The resolution of these issues may include waiving fees and/or service charges.
- Communicate clear expectations of NIHFCU’s goals and objectives and individual employee responsibilities, coach to achieve sales excellence, and ensuring the delivery of high quality service.
- Act as a Liaison between community leaders and NIHFCU.
- Report to the position Supervisor, Risk Management, the VP of Human Resources or to the complaint vendor any actual or suspected fraud or financial dishonesty or wrongdoing involving Member transactions, Employees, or NIHFCU.
- Must successfully obtain and maintain Notary Commission within ninety (90) days of hire.
- Must successfully obtain and maintain KEMARK Financial Services, Inc. Certification to administer Signature Guarantees.
- Complete required Compliance and assigned online training courses within specified periods.
- Attend required training and take initiative to maintain and develop needed knowledge and skills required to maintain effective performance.
- Consistently adhere to Operational Procedures, Controls, and Services Levels consistent with NIHFCU standards.
- May work extended hours to include Saturdays as determined by Management.
- Access Member or Associate personal and financial information only as required by the job. Maintain the confidentiality and security of all Member or Associate personal and financial.
- Ensure that work results and processes comply with relevant laws and with established NIHFCU policies, procedures, and practices.
- Perform other related work as assigned and initiative using available resources to achieve established goals.
- Cover/Float to other branches and branch departments as determined by Management
- The ability to be bonded.
Floating: May be transferred to other Branches and Branch Administration Departments as assigned by Management. All employees are required to float as assigned and travel to other branches on a regular basis. Not all branch locations are accessible by Metro or Shuttle. In such cases, the Employee assigned as the first point of contact to covering one such branch should be in a position to cover the branch at short notices within a reasonable timeframe. Reliable transportation to cover branches is solely the responsibly of the employee.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
A high school diploma or equivalent (GED) minimally required; a Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, economics, finance, or another acceptable related field strongly preferred. Must have a minimum of four (4) years of progressive experience in a supervisory role in banking and/or sales. Must possess strong service orientation and willingness to sell products and services. Requires analytical ability to conduct preliminary analysis of an applicant’s financial position. Must have excellent interviewing and interpersonal skills. Must have excellent communications skills.
REQUIRED COMPLIANCE COURSES
Ensure that work results and processes comply with relevant laws and with established NIHFCU policies, procedures, and practices, including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
Attend all required training or complete and pass all online required training courses as applicable.
NIHFCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by law.